• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The “new normal” isn’t necessarily bad

JustJack

Time of past OR future Camino
CF: May/June 2023
VDLP: April/May 2024
I’ve read countless posts from people lamenting the fact that it’s (sometimes) necessary to reserve accommodation in advance on popular routes. The complaint seems to be that it decreases the spontaneity of how one walks. I’m not sure I fully agree.

In my experience, pilgrims without reservations seemed to be the least spontaneous. Because they were often in a hurry to get to their destination in time to get a bed they didn’t seem to have as much time to stop along the way.

For me, I found booking a few days in advance allowed me to be more spontaneous during the day, not needing to worry about securing a bed. While it would be great if booking ahead were not necessary, it’s a trade off. And it’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
This is a great perspective. On my first Camino I found myself rushing to be the first to the albergue (I went Oct-Nov so I wasn’t worried about not getting a bed) but it was this internal competition with myself. But on my most recent Camino I purposefully made the intention to slow down, stop at every cafe because I had reserved a bed already.

It is certainly true that it doesn't have to be a bad thing to make reservations!

Sometimes it is necessary or at least makes things easier (on lesser walked routes with very little choice in accommodation I sometimes call to make a reservation same day, because it's either that or wild camping).

But this

In my experience, pilgrims without reservations seemed to be the least spontaneous.

certainly isn't true, at least from my experience.

99% of the time I do not make reservations, prefer to stay at places that do not accept reservations, and therefore meet lots of pilgrims who do not even think about making reservations and simply stop wherever/whenever they want, without any worry about "securing" a bed.

Never witnessed the infamous "bed race" in over 6000kms of walking Caminos so far and definitely never really worried about a place to sleep on the Francés.

When walking in "high season" (may/september) from St. Jean I guess reservations make much more sense at least in some "bottleneck" places, especially if you can't/don't want to add more kms at the end of the day to find accommodation.

But I wholeheartedly have to disagree with the statement that not making reservations makes you less spontaneaous.

Just walking without any worry and without reservations ect. is total freedom for me. I definitely do not hurry anymore to get to my destination (unless there's only a campsite that closes its reception at 6pm and it's a 40km day, or something like that!). I prefer to pet the cats, stop for a picnic, a coffee, to visit a church, to chat with the locals, hell, I even take a 2h siesta nap in the shade of a nice tree if I feel like it!

So, making reservations is not a bad thing. Especially not for those who worry about accommodation, walk in high season on the Francés, on remote / lesser walked routes, can only walk few kms/day, need to make reservations to send luggage, or simply prefer to.

But how having a fixed place to stop at night should make one more spontaneaous, that is a mystery to me.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I tend to book one day ahead. It means I don't have to rush, and I can take my time and arrive late.
But it still allows me each evening a degree of flexibility / 'spontaneity' in choosing how far to walk the next day, where I might want to stay etc.

If I'm not able to book the next night (non bookable Donativo for example) I'll just 'wing it' but tend to leave a bit earlier. So Yes, that takes away the spontaneity a bit for me. I feel like I can't take my time....... if accommodation is somewhat limited at my chosen destination.

Not a problem if there are lots of options of course, as I'll find a bed somewhere.
I mean where there is only one place to stay and it has x number of beds only, like on some of the more remote Caminos.

I only make reservations at places where we really like ( such as Paradores or a place we like Bella Muxia in Muxia) or if we have to ship a bag. Otherwise never a problem personally in finding a space while carrying our own packs. It is an issue for people who don't know what to do if their first or second choice is already full. Please do make reservations if you want to stay in hotels or private albergues, but don't spread anxiety for those who chose to trust in non-bookable places.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have only booked once in Spain. This was on the CF late in the afternoon. I have booked in France, usually with the help of Tourist Offices.

Maybe things are different now. My last Camino was in 2019.

I’ve read countless posts from people lamenting the fact that it’s (sometimes) necessary to reserve accommodation in advance on popular routes. The complaint seems to be that it decreases the spontaneity of how one walks. I’m not sure I fully agree.

In my experience, pilgrims without reservations seemed to be the least spontaneous. Because they were often in a hurry to get to their destination in time to get a bed they didn’t seem to have as much time to stop along the way.
There are two kinds of pilgrims who don't book in advance -- the bed race ones, and then those who just let what comes to take place.

But sure, the more "dedicated" bed racers do lack spontaneity.

1) Wake up and start before everyone else, optional plastic bag rustling and lights on during other people's sleepy time

2) Send one of their group rushing ahead with just a day pack to be first in line

3) Others follow behind at super fast pace to reach the Albergue before opening time to make sure they're in the queue too just behind their scout

4) Shower, eat, and sleep -- because this regimen is mentally and spiritually exhausting, plus they want to ensure their 4 AM wake up alarm call in the dorm -- optionally, complain during the afternoon that *their* sleepy time is being disturbed

And every day exactly the same.

OTOH those of us who simply take each day as it comes are never in such of a silly hurry.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I don’t think that „bad“ or „good“ apply as an overall theme - it’s just „different“.

For me personally I would not walk another Camino if booking ahead was the only option. It would completely destroy what the Camino - for me - is about. Others (as seen above) have a completely opposite opinion - neither is right/better, we are just different.

I don’t care if some people prefer to book ahead (to each their own). I just *really* hope that the traditional way of just turning up at an albergue never gets lost. So, have private accommodations for people that book ahead and others - like municipal or similar albergues - to those of us who don’t want to book ahead.

On my way home after walking from SJPDP to Logroño with a friend. Mostly with reservations. We did spend a night at the Order of Malta albergue in Cizur Menor. Walking solo I would probably have reserved less. But it didn't make much of a difference in practice to our daily stages. I will continue to walk solo in quiet seasons where reservations are less of an issue.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
In the world described in your post, everyone would have to book a bed. There is no spontaneity in that.

Try this on for size. No one books a bed, forgets their rat race lives to come to the Camino to experience a completely different way of living…like a Peregrino. In that life, everything is spontaneous. The goal is to walk until your body says, “Stop.” When refreshed, walk again until the body says, “Stop.”

Many things can happen in a day’s walking. But the one thing that is missing is,”I have a reservation in Estella but I will only be able to make it to Maneru. What do I do now?” This is tension that is foreign to the Camino…or should be.

It could be a simple fix, all albergues, Refugio’s, donations who require the,”pasaporte,” simply no longer accept reservations. Why would it be simple? They existed for 1,000 years without reservations, as did the Peregrinos.

Would this propagate the old, “bed race?” Maybe, at least we would be back to the old normal over navigating a new normal.

Walk the Camino, stop when you must and be prepared to sleep when that time come, wherever you are. I carry a light sleeping bag and a large Construction grade garbage bag to use as a Bovy, or a ground sheet, as the need arises.

I too like to know where I will lay my head at the end of the day and that it allows me to frolic in the flowers. I usually book a day or two ahead when I see how my body is doing and sometimes to stay with Camino family members. HOWEVER the differences I experienced this year:
1) Lots of people had booked their entire Camino and would not or could not change their reservations. Often they were catching a taxi to keep up with their schedule. It did change how Camino families form.
2) There were those booking beds in multiple towns to give themselves flexibility. I often arrived at the Albergue and it was completo, only to have 5 or 6 beds available at the end of the day. The albergues who didn’t take prepayment were stuck. There were times reservations were made just in case they couldn’t get in the municipal.
3) Groups who I use to see go to hotels or be bused off route were booking entire albergues. Sometimes there were a few available beds, but then you didn’t have anyone to sit with at the communal dinner, when the group sat together.

Try this on for size. No one books a bed, forgets their rat race lives to come to the Camino to experience a completely different way of living…like a Peregrino. In that life, everything is spontaneous. The goal is to walk until your body says, “Stop.” When refreshed, walk again until the body says, “Stop.”
This. Very much this. I'm a Christian, and we have a saying, "Let go, and let God."

"The Camino provides ..." is another saying I like. Somehow countering the spirit of these sayings with our normal human need to be in control seems to be missing the point. Somehow. For some, their Camino is to always know where they will sleep, what they will eat, what they will wear, where they will go, etc. I'm not criticizing that. It's their walk.

I haven't walked a Camino yet over there in Spain. I hope to be on the Primitive next Spring. In a way, I believe that I have already started my walk.
-Wolf

A selection of Camino Jewellery
In the world described in your post, everyone would have to book a bed. There is no spontaneity in that.

Many things can happen in a day’s walking. But the one thing that is missing is,”I have a reservation in Estella but I will only be able to make it to Maneru. What do I do now?” This is tension that is foreign to the Camino…or should be.

It could be a simple fix, all albergues, Refugio’s, donations who require the,”pasaporte,” simply no longer accept reservations. Why would it be simple? They existed for 1,000 years without reservations, as did the Peregrinos.

Would this propagate the old, “bed race?” Maybe, at least we would be back to the old normal over navigating a new normal.

Walk the Camino, stop when you must and be prepared to sleep when that time come, wherever you are. I carry a light sleeping bag and a large Construction grade garbage bag to use as a Bovy, or a ground sheet, as the need arises.
I don't completeöy understand your point, albergues that don't accept reservations still exist and hopefully/ probably will exist in the future. People who want to make reservations are in my opinion not a problem for other ones who want to stop at the place and moment they want to. Like I said before, people who reserve a bed don't stay in non- reservable accomodations and therefore leave more beds available for pelgrims in these albergued

"The Camino provides ..." is another saying I like. Somehow countering the spirit of these sayings with our normal human need to be in control seems to be missing the point. Somehow. For some, their Camino is to always know where they will sleep, what they will eat, what they will wear, where they will go, etc. I'm not criticizing that. It's their walk.
"The Camino provides..."
You just may not LIKE what it provides.

Currently walking CF, not booking, not getting up early--in fact often among the last to leave. Stopping wherever I feel like it. So far every albergue at least 1/2 empty. I love the spontaneity and freedom.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I'm the antithesis of what most of you seen to dislike. I personally like the research of finding appropriate accommodation for my pilgrimage. It is part of the journey. I tend to book my accommodation ahead but leave a few days in-between to stay at Albergues. I don't want to put up with other people's noises/disruption for more than one night at a time. 😳 I enjoy the hospitality of the locals and like to feel I'm contributing to the local economy. Even in historic times there were pilgrims who stayed with local families and paid more than others for the pleasure. I can afford to pay a bit more and feel that someone who can't, deserves the Albergue bed more than me. The pilgrimage, for me, isn't about meeting loads of other pilgrims and starting a whole new friendship group. In all walks of life you meet people your click with.
I'm looking forward to my 5th Camino, researched by me and predominantly booked ahead. I'm happy for everyone who has the opportunity to do a pilgrimage in whatever way they choose. Their choice. 😊

I don't think avoiding making reservations is "like a Peregrino". Peregrinos (and Peregrinas) come with all styles of Caminos, with and without reservations. Let's try and avoid straying into Rule 3 territory, shall we?

That said, while your described scenario sounds marvellous, it relies on a match between supply and demand for accommodations that doesn't always exist (as we all saw at the beginning of May).

The one thing that is missing in your Utopia is "I can only make it to Carrion de los Condes but all the beds here are taken and it is 17 km to Calzadilla de la Cueza and I don't know if there will be beds there when I arrive." I'm not sure that is so preferrable to your Maneru/Estella situation. In both cases the solution is the same. You aren't where your needed bed is when you need it.

In any situation where the demand for beds exceeds the supply, some people will be left without. It is inevitable. Getting rid of reservations will not make it magically disappear. Whether the available beds go to those who reserve ahead, requiring people to plan ahead, or they go to those who arrive first, requiring people to leave early or walk shorter distances, someone is going to have to do something they may not want to to get a bed and someone is going to have to go without or go somewhere else.
The modern system of albergues and credencials collecting stamps and not accepting reservations has not existed for 1,000 years. Just read accounts from those who walked in the 1970s. I happen to have one of the first of such credencials, issued by Los Amigos del Camino de Santiago Estrella. It has precisely 22 named spaces for stamps between Roncesvalles and Santiago (including, for example, one for Cebreiro where there was no albergue at the time).

Over the past 1,000 years, I'm sure some pilgrims walked without reservations. I'm sure they also slept sometimes by the side of the road. I'm sure that there were also wealthier pilgrims who sent people ahead to ensure there was a bed and a meal waiting for them at the inn when they arrived. You can be sure that when Ferdinand and Isabella made their way to Santiago de Compostela in the 15th century they were expected every night where they arrived.

And that works for you. Great! Keep doing it if it makes you happy. But just because it is the best way for you doesn't make it the best way for everyone.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

For me, I found booking a few days in advance allowed me to be more spontaneous during the day, not needing to worry about securing a bed. While it would be great if booking ahead were not necessary, it’s a trade off. And it’s not necessarily a bad thing.
Never booked, never rushed to get anywhere and on occasion just stopped cause I liked the look of the town even if I had only walked 10k. That kind of spontaneity seems to be gone. I started at 6.30/7.00 and walked for about 6 hours. Then stopped at the first place I came to. No plans in advance, just walk and enjoy the route. Last time though, I found that I still got a bed but often near enough the last one in an empty albergue booked up with reservations. A couple of times I went to bed in an almost empty dorm cause those reservations never turned up. They obviously had spontaneity cause they probably booked more than one place.

Never booked, never rushed to get anywhere and on occasion just stopped cause I liked the look of the town even if I had only walked 10k. That kind of spontaneity seems to be gone. I started at 6.30/7.00 and walked for about 6 hours. Then stopped at the first place I came to. No plans in advance, just walk and enjoy the route. Last time though, I found that I still got a bed but often near enough the last one in an empty albergue booked up with reservations. A couple of times I went to bed in an almost empty dorm cause those reservations never turned up. They obviously had spontaneity cause they probably booked more than one place.
Do you have your return flight already booked?

I found that Europeans, who could simply take a train, bus, or cheap flight home, tended to be the most flexible/spontaneous, as there was no hard stop to their camino. Those of us from overseas don't have quite as much luxury, as we generally have our return flight home already booked, so there are a fixed number of days we have to walk. This difference - European pilgrims versus overseas pilgrims - is also an important factor in our booking/not booking preferences.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

I found that Europeans, who could simply take a train, bus, or cheap flight home, tended to be the most flexible/spontaneous, as there was no hard stop to their camino. Those of us from overseas don't have quite as much luxury, as we generally have our return flight home already booked, so there are a fixed number of days we have to walk. This difference - European pilgrims versus overseas pilgrims - is also an important factor in our booking/not booking preferences.
Never had return flights booked either. I don't have a problem with people booking. It's booking more than one to allow for change of plans and not cancelling the one they don't want. I just think that with some people, they tend to overthink the Camino. I read of one person who was booking every single night 4 months in advance. In 10 years and 5 Caminos I have never heard of anyone having to sleep in the street. There is always a bed somewhere. Met 3 ladies in Santa Catalina standing out side the albergue offering beds in their homes to pilgrims being turned away from the booked out albergue. In that case, I got the last unreserved bed. I sometimes think that folk forget that Spain is not a third world country

It is certainly true that it doesn't have to be a bad thing to make reservations!

Sometimes it is necessary or at least makes things easier (on lesser walked routes with very little choice in accommodation I sometimes call to make a reservation same day, because it's either that or wild camping).

But this

certainly isn't true, at least from my experience.

99% of the time I do not make reservations, prefer to stay at places that do not accept reservations, and therefore meet lots of pilgrims who do not even think about making reservations and simply stop wherever/whenever they want, without any worry about "securing" a bed.

Never witnessed the infamous "bed race" in over 6000kms of walking Caminos so far and definitely never really worried about a place to sleep on the Francés.

When walking in "high season" (may/september) from St. Jean I guess reservations make much more sense at least in some "bottleneck" places, especially if you can't/don't want to add more kms at the end of the day to find accommodation.

But I wholeheartedly have to disagree with the statement that not making reservations makes you less spontaneaous.

Just walking without any worry and without reservations ect. is total freedom for me. I definitely do not hurry anymore to get to my destination (unless there's only a campsite that closes its reception at 6pm and it's a 40km day, or something like that!). I prefer to pet the cats, stop for a picnic, a coffee, to visit a church, to chat with the locals, hell, I even take a 2h siesta nap in the shade of a nice tree if I feel like it!

So, making reservations is not a bad thing. Especially not for those who worry about accommodation, walk in high season on the Francés, on remote / lesser walked routes, can only walk few kms/day, need to make reservations to send luggage, or simply prefer to.

But how having a fixed place to stop at night should make one more spontaneaous, that is a mystery to me.
For myself, the anxiety of not knowing where I’d lay my head at night would have impacted my ability to enjoy my walk. Thankfully, there is no wrong way to do YOUR Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Isn't that the point of the whole thing? I've always been grateful about the things I was "provided" with that helped me grow, challenge me and force me out of my comfort zone while walking the Camino.
It wasn’t the point for me. I don’t think there’s a “one size fits all” point for anyone’s Camino. What I can say is that my Camino provided me with exactly what I needed at the time, and for that I’m very grateful.

Ok, I'm (currently) a European. I have to disagree with you . I actually find it harder. Cheaper, definitely! But harder.
Yes, I can be more spontaneous, in that if I unexpectedly find myself with two weeks free, I can (hopefully) walk a short Camino. But Europeans firm's aren't generally used to employees going off for 6 weeks or so at a time, whereas Kiwi firms appreciate that a trip to Europe is a major undertaking.
My time is seldom my own, regardless of where in the world I live. I've always got my return flights booked, because I need to return by a specific date - work, family commitments.
If my time is very tight, because of other commitments (or poor planning) then I too will book.
BUT, the further away I travel from, the more of a buffer I build in - which actually means that, should I be flying in from home (NZ), I actually have MORE time - and therefore, more opportunity to be spontaneous. Then I'll book only my first day or two, let my 'wings' unfold, and go were the wind takes me.....

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The "new normal" is not necessarily bad but is was better when you could just walk until you found a place you liked. Somedays you'd walk 20km and other 35km, you did know which distance until you were underway. That was really nice, no phone required.
I've read/heard from many pilgrims who walked 20, 30, or more years ago, and while reservations were not a thing then, and you could theoretically walk until you found a place you liked, the reality was that there were far far fewer places to stay, and as a result there was often a bed race for one of the few existing beds. I recently listened to a podcast (The Camino Podcast) where one of the guests was comparing walking in the 90's compared to today. Her opinion was it's much easier and more flexible today on popular routes than it was back then, due to the proliferation of accommodation that has sprung up.

Seems the challenges related to finding accommodation have always existed in one form or another, so the new normal isn't really that new at all.

For myself, the anxiety of not knowing where I’d lay my head at night would have impacted my ability to enjoy my walk. Thankfully, there is no wrong way to do YOUR Camino!

No, certainly not wrong if you feel better that way. Good that you found a way to walk the Camino that works for you :)

The statement I reacted to was about something else, though.

Sure, for some they can enjoy their walk more if they made reservations. I don't doubt that and it's totally fine.

But there's a difference between preferring to book/feeling less anxious when you make reservations vs. the topic of being more/less spontaneaous.

What I reacted to was the statement that not making reservations makes pilgrims less spontaneaous. That is something entirely different than stating "I feel better when making reservations". Honestly, how can you be more spontaneaous if your destination for the day is fixed?

That's what my post was about.

Nothing wrong with preferring to make reservations. But accusing those who prefer not to of joining the bed race and claiming that you're less spontaneaous without reservations is something I still have to disagree with.

Honestly, how can you be more spontaneaous if your destination for the day is fixed?
Your end point for the day is just a single element of all the parts of your day. Spontaneity is something that can happen throughout the day - spontaneous stops for coffee, detours off the path to see something, an extra long lunch, sleeping a bit later in the morning, stopping for a nap under a tree, etc etc etc.

Quite easy to be spontaneous with a bed pre-booked, and also easy to find examples (such as listed above) of pilgrims foregoing all spontaneity throughout the day in their quest to secure a bed. Works both ways.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I've read/heard from many pilgrims who walked 20, 30, or more years ago, and while reservations were not a thing then, and you could theoretically walk until you found a place you liked, the reality was that there were far far fewer places to stay, and as a result there was often a bed race for one of the few existing beds. I recently listened to a podcast (The Camino Podcast) where one of the guests was comparing walking in the 90's compared to today. Her opinion was it's much easier and more flexible today on popular routes than it was back then, due to the proliferation of accommodation that has sprung up.

Seems the challenges related to finding accommodation have always existed in one form or another, so the new normal isn't really that new at all.
I never made a reservation pre-covid and always found a place to stay - six caminos. Post-covid - two caminos - I often felt like a travel agent attached to my phone.

I leave soon for another camino and I have chosen routes which required some planning beforehand and presumably little to no planning while on the trail. I now deal with challenges that were non existent in my past. Despite this there is nothing better than a long walk through Spain.

I’m a ‘non booker’. E.g. In 1985 I arrived in Delhi India without a booking. Just my Lonely Planet guide and the name of my preferred hotel.
A few years ago I walked my second Camino (Portuguese) with a friend who needed to know where she was sleeping next. So she booked one day ahead for us every day. Much later I came to understand that this was not a preference but an actual need - both physical and psychological. She was in awe of the fact that I seemed to be able to sleep anywhere - in places where she said she would be awake all night. It was a great Camino.
Edit- my ‘preference’ for non booking is also a need - more psychological than physical- a need to few free. My learning on my ‘booked’ Camino was that true freedom is within.
There is room on the Camino for all of us - even the annoying ones.
But I do say that as someone who has fairly high sensory tolerances - though I’m not sure how I would go with the 4 am alarm / bag noise scenario theses days.

Last edited:
Your end point for the day is just a single element of all the parts of your day. Spontaneity is something that can happen throughout the day - spontaneous stops for coffee, detours off the path to see something, an extra long lunch, sleeping a bit later in the morning, stopping for a nap under a tree, etc etc etc.

Quite easy to be spontaneous with a bed pre-booked, and also easy to find examples (such as listed above) of pilgrims foregoing all spontaneity throughout the day in their quest to secure a bed. Works both ways.
Yes, spontaneous is more than just were your going to sleep. I had all my rooms booked because I had 32 days to walk and did not want to walk over 30 km a day. My rooms were more booked so that my stops were never over 30 km and I could be done in 32 days, also allowing me to be spontaneous on my walk each day because I wasn't on my phone looking for a room. Also, I only booked one room for each night before I left, I did not double book any rooms.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I don't see the point in this debate about who is more spontaneous than whom. Is there a prize for "most spontaneous"? If so, what are the measures of spontaneity that we should apply? Is it measured by most changes of mind about stages? Latest to find a bed in the day? Most side trips during the day? Most random stops? Worst navigation skills?

I’ve walked both ways - with and without reserving - and I confess I agree with you. I feel far more freedom to smell the roses along the way when I know my bed is booked.
Everyone is different, but for me, I see and experience much more on the Way when I’ve made those next few bookings a little ahead of time.

I don't see the point in this debate about who is more spontaneous than whom. Is there a prize for "most spontaneous"? If so, what are the measures of spontaneity that we should apply? Is it measured by most changes of mind about stages? Latest to find a bed in the day? Most side trips during the day? Most random stops? Worst navigation skills?
Despite who's more spontaneous, in the past you did not have to reserve beds, even on busy caminos. Today you better be prepared to book ahead. In order to have the option of no reservations you have to choose the appropriate route and season and hope for the best with a Plan B of booking

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
More of a discussion than a debate. Discussion is good.

This difference - European pilgrims versus overseas pilgrims - is also an important factor in our booking/not booking preferences.
Disagree, it is not possible to be further away from Spain than Aotearoa New Zealand and still be on the planet and I don't book. I buy my ticket home 12 weeks after I arrive in the EU so that I don't overstay my visa while having one week flexibility if I need more time.
BUT, the further away I travel from, the more of a buffer I build in - which actually means that, should I be flying in from home (NZ), I actually have MORE time - and therefore, more opportunity to be spontaneous. Then I'll book only my first day or two, let my 'wings' unfold, and go were the wind takes me.....
This is exactly what I do. This time around I had some ideas for Caminos that I wanted to walk but no fixed plans except an Airbnb for my late night arrival in Madrid and a booking for my stay at Monasterio Santo Domingo de Silos (because they demanded that I chose fixed dates). The rest I worked out as I went along and ended up walking three Caminos and doing other stuff to enjoy Spain.

There were times when I was doing things that I hadn't particularly considered such as a semi-enforced stay in Valladolid while waiting for a foot injury to heal. In this case my Camino simply self adjusted around the new activity and I was able to enjoy Valladolid. I had no plans to start with and so no plans needed to be changed.
I suspect that anxiety drives some people who feel a need to reserve ahead.
allowing me to be spontaneous on my walk each day because I wasn't on my phone looking for a room
Interestingly, when those people think about the option of not reserving they put themselves "into" the situation and imagine how they would cope with uncertainty (in this case by being on their phone to try to relieve the uncertainty).

In reality, I and others I have observed don't react this way. What I do is that when I get a signal from my body that it could be time to stop then I have a quick look on Gronze to see what lies ahead and then I walk to one of the options and enquire about a bed.

In four Caminos including one in 2019 which still holds the record for the most busy full year, only once did I not get a bed at the first place that I stopped and on that day I had to walk 40 metres to an albergue almost next door that did have a bed.
Today you better be prepared to book ahead.
This simply is not true! It is an idea that is propagated by people who like to repeat rumours, for their own gratification and, as far as I can tell, seems to arise from the limited experience of themselves or others from situations where a person didn't have the skills to find an alternative solution when confronted with the lack of a bed at a particular place.

Some people like to reserve, others do not. Both categories have their own reasons for their choice. I know what I prefer but fortunately for all of us not everyone is like me. Great, let each of us decide for ourselves, but please, please don't go around preaching that the way that you like to organise your Camino is somehow mandatory because of "over crowding" or something else that magically appeared after Covid.

That some people liked to reserve ahead existed well before Covid.

There is no new normal.

This is a rumour pushed by the inexperienced.

I walked 3 Caminos without booking more than the 1st night or 2 (or 3). The last 2, I booked all of my nights. Last year, 40 nights, this past spring, 47 nights. I know how far I want to walk and because I wanted to stay in small towns that often just had 1 albergue, it made sense to book it ahead of time. Spent my fall and winter, looking at all the possible places to stay and picking out the ones that appealed to me the most. This way, ended up with fabulous meals, great company (most of the time), wonderful beds and settings and fantastic hosts. For me, this is part of the Camino, the fun of planning. We each have our own ways and one is not better than the other or more "pilgrim like". All year round, when someone mentioned an albergue they liked, I noted it down and why.

Each day was relaxed, there was no hurrying or rushing, there was time to stop everywhere that looked interesting and I was able to help those stressed pilgrims who had no idea where they might be able to stay in the next town. Those who were spending every break, making phone calls, looking for a bed. I get up early but without an alarm and usually wait until I hear others getting up, have coffee and breakfast and still catch the sunrise.

My bed reservations are on an excel sheet with the phone #, so that I can be sure to call ahead to confirm. Most of the reservations were done by email, though a few were on booking dot com.

Camino #6 is in the planning. Portuguese next time. Am enjoying looking at all the albergue possibilities.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

I agree that, on popular routes, people who don't have reservations have to rush to find a bed. But the core problem isn't that they don't have reservations, it's that beds are very limited. No matter what your solution is, the bed race is decreasing spontaneity.

When I walked the Frances in 2012, this wasn't an issue yet. I didn't even know reservations were possible, but that didn't matter. I generally didn't plan my day ahead of time, and often showed up to albergues around 5-6PM. And this approach was just fine at the time.

Disagree, it is not possible to be further away from Spain than Aotearoa New Zealand and still be on the planet and I don't book. I buy my ticket home 12 weeks after I arrive in the EU so that I don't overstay my visa while having one week flexibility if I need more time.

This is exactly what I do. This time around I had some ideas for Caminos that I wanted to walk but no fixed plans except an Airbnb for my late night arrival in Madrid and a booking for my stay at Monasterio Santo Domingo de Silos (because they demanded that I chose fixed dates). The rest I worked out as I went along and ended up walking three Caminos and doing other stuff to enjoy Spain.

There were times when I was doing things that I hadn't particularly considered such as a semi-enforced stay in Valladolid while waiting for a foot injury to heal. In this case my Camino simply self adjusted around the new activity and I was able to enjoy Valladolid. I had no plans to start with and so no plans needed to be changed.

I suspect that anxiety drives some people who feel a need to reserve ahead.

Interestingly, when those people think about the option of not reserving they put themselves "into" the situation and imagine how they would cope with uncertainty (in this case by being on their phone to try to relieve the uncertainty).

In reality, I and others I have observed don't react this way. What I do is that when I get a signal from my body that it could be time to stop then I have a quick look on Gronze to see what lies ahead and then I walk to one of the options and enquire about a bed.

In four Caminos including one in 2019 which still holds the record for the most busy full year, only once did I not get a bed at the first place that I stopped and on that day I had to walk 40 metres to an albergue almost next door that did have a bed.

This simply is not true! It is an idea that is propagated by people who like to repeat rumours, for their own gratification and, as far as I can tell, seems to arise from the limited experience of themselves or others from situations where a person didn't have the skills to find an alternative solution when confronted with the lack of a bed at a particular place.

Some people like to reserve, others do not. Both categories have their own reasons for their choice. I know what I prefer but fortunately for all of us not everyone is like me. Great, let each of us decide for ourselves, but please, please don't go around preaching that the way that you like to organise your Camino is somehow mandatory because of "over crowding" or something else that magically appeared after Covid.

That some people liked to reserve ahead existed well before Covid.

There is no new normal.

This is a rumour pushed by the inexperienced.
Nailed it mate.👍

I always booked my return flights well out, with more time than I thought I possibly might need. This gave me time for this sort of spontaneity. It also gave me time should shin splints or some other sort of medical issue arise which necessitated resting a few days. When I walked the Frances with my son we thought it would take a month so I gave us two. We ended up taking six weeks to Finisterre. Any leftover time can always be used in sightseeing. After my Frances we travelled around various parts of Spain. After my Portugues I went back and spent a few extra days in Porto and Lisbon which I had just passed through as I headed straight to start walking.

People have a habit of defending the fort they have made

Despite who's more spontaneous, in the past you did not have to reserve beds, even on busy caminos. Today you better be prepared to book ahead. In order to have the option of no reservations you have to choose the appropriate route and season and hope for the best with a Plan B of booking
There seems to be the idea that in the idyllic past the supply of beds always exceeded the supply of pilgrims and now we are in a changed situation. For the first time in history the supply of pilgrims exceeds the supply of beds and so reservations are needed when they never were before.

This is not the case. The Camino like everything, fluctuates. Sometimes supply exceeds demand. Then either demand picks up or, if it doesn't, supply diminishes as places close. Sometimes demand exceeds supply. Then either supply increases, as people see the need and take steps to meet it, or demand eventually diminishes as some people, facing day after day of no bed, decide to postpone their Camino for another time or drop the idea altogether.

People who walked their first Camino in times when supply was high, speak like Crosscheck. Those who have walked in other times, as JustJack reports, tell a different story.

And all of this is very Camino Frances-centric, of course. I wonder how many walk the French routes without letting gites know in advance they will be arriving. Or on the less-walked Spanish routes, where you have to let the hospitalero know in advance that you are coming so they open up the albergue or give you the door code.

I wonder how many walk the French routes without letting gites know in advance they will be arriving.

I do. I carry a tent, though, so no risk and maximum of flexibility.

When I walked via Cluny and the podiensis last year I always got a bed whenever I wanted one, though, without reservations. In many gites there were only 3-4 pilgrims staying, sometimes less. Once I had the whole gite to myself. There was no need for reservations.

I do not expect a meal though if I show up without reservations, and usually prepare/carry my own food.

I saw several gites with signs that they accept walk-ins, too, or last-minute reservations. I was told by gite owner's that they have a huge problem with people making reservations and then not showing up (multiple bookings to stay more flexible, I guess?) which is especially bad for the gites because they also prepare food for those pilgrims who then never come, and it goes to waste.

So, even in France it is possible to walk without reservations.

Edit: without a tent, I wouldn't try that on the rarely walked routes, though. From Germany to Cluny sometimes it was very difficult to find any accommodation in walking distance at all, including campsites. Winging it is not for the faint hearted on that kind of route 😂.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
And all of this is very Camino Frances-centric, of course. I wonder how many walk the French routes without letting gites know in advance they will be arriving. Or on the less-walked Spanish routes, where you have to let the hospitalero know in advance that you are coming so they open up the albergue or give you the door code.
Good points.

As hospitalero, I can confirm that this is true of many. But also that a lot of people, myself included, just walk without fretting about what might happen in the next village. I’ve never failed to find a bed before dark in 500+ kilometers of Camino without booking. (Camnio Francés & Vía de la Plata)

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

I agree. I always book ahead and can relax on the way.

Good point, thanks for making it

This "new normal" applies only to people traveling at high-traffic times of year and worried about having to endure a less-than-Instagramable bed. Taken as a whole, all nationalities and all 'round the calendar, I would bet most of the pilgrims on the road are still living the "Old Normal," walking as far as they like and checking in at the first open place that appeals.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm the antithesis of what most of you seen to dislike. I personally like the research of finding appropriate accommodation for my pilgrimage. It is part of the journey. I tend to book my accommodation ahead but leave a few days in-between to stay at Albergues. I don't want to put up with other people's noises/disruption for more than one night at a time. 😳 I enjoy the hospitality of the locals and like to feel I'm contributing to the local economy. Even in historic times there were pilgrims who stayed with local families and paid more than others for the pleasure. I can afford to pay a bit more and feel that someone who can't, deserves the Albergue bed more than me. The pilgrimage, for me, isn't about meeting loads of other pilgrims and starting a whole new friendship group. In all walks of life you meet people your click with.
I'm looking forward to my 5th Camino, researched by me and predominantly booked ahead. I'm happy for everyone who has the opportunity to do a pilgrimage in whatever way they choose. Their choice. 😊
I’m doing my first Camino in October and am happily researching and reserving my accommodations. This gives me peace of mind and wouldn’t do it any other way. My sister and I are looking forward to our pilgrimage and knowing that a hotel room is waiting for us at the end of each day!

I’m doing my first Camino in October and am happily researching and reserving my accommodations. This gives me peace of mind and wouldn’t do it any other way. My sister and I are looking forward to our pilgrimage and knowing that a hotel room is waiting for us at the end of each day!
It is great that you will be walking with peace of mind. From my own experience, I hope you are prepared with plans for what you will do if you discover, once there and walking, that your body doesn't want to walk quite as far each day as you had anticipated or if you get shin splints or some such and have to rest for three days in the middle. Hopefully you are not too locked into all these reservations you have made. That's why my pattern has been to do all the research I can, but when reserving I try to only reserve a day or two ahead.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It is great that you will be walking with peace of mind. From my own experience, I hope you are prepared with plans for what you will do if you discover, once there and walking, that your body doesn't want to walk quite as far each day as you had anticipated or if you get shin splints or some such and have to rest for three days in the middle. Hopefully you are not too locked into all these reservations you have made. That's why my pattern has been to do all the research I can, but when reserving I try to only reserve a day or two ahead.
Agree with you feedback. It is not necessary to book the entire camino. Having walked the Frances four times, it would be almost impossible to know what your body will need for rest days, the weather or any number of variables. My routine was to be planning a couple of days out and make my reservation. I would sometimes have to make adjustments to my plans and most times could cancel within the cancellation window without any fees. On one occassion I was forced to spend three nights in Rabanal Del Camino due to illness. I could not have imagined having to cancel a week or several weeks of reservations.

There is something extremely relaxing about enjoying a conversation with a new friend, not knowing, or caring, where you will sleep that night. It could be healthy and habit forming. 😊

Having a reservation might be relaxing, but hardly spontaneous. People I met “in a hurry” were on a schedule set by them, their (tour) group, or their ‘Camino family’. Leaving schedules, and other responsibilities, at home is one of the things that makes the Camino.

To borrow a phrase, 'It's the journey, not the destination'.

I agree that making reservations is not spontanuous with regard to the aspect of where you sleep that night. It createss more possibilities to act spontanuously in all/ many other aspect of your camino

Spontaneaous except in regards to sleeping place.
For the first time I have booked all the way - and I'm in no hurry to do anything during the day. I take more breaks and I arrive later than I did in previous caminos. Granted - I do also walk much longer. Now I don't mind arriving between 15 & 16. It has simply given me more time to explore.

But the again - to each their own.

Now I don't mind arriving between 15 & 16.
Not picking on you alone Jesper, but as a newbie following along with this entire thread, I get the sense that it is a bad thing to arrive at an albergue late in the afternoon. Bad things happen.

So what happens if you are walking along the CF in July, and there just isn't any room anywhere? I don't want to make that possibility a source of worry. If there is no room, can't you just find a "good spot" somewhere and just go to sleep?

I have traveled in a mode where I just slept wherever I got tired. I'd just find a spot where I'd be hidden, and crashed. I've even slept next to a guardrail on the Interstate. I never got "busted." So why can't I just do that in France or Spain if I felt I needed/wanted to?

You can do that - sleep wherever. I have slept outside on a camino on several occasions, not necessarily because there were no beds - but I needed the quiet. I was about to add some more but I see Bradypus has covered what I wanted to say.

Last edited:
I've even slept next to a guardrail on the Interstate. I never got "busted." So why can't I just do that in France or Spain if I felt I needed/wanted to?
Some people do. But with hundreds of people walking each stage in peak seasons (1000+ at times after Sarria) local landowners can quickly get fed up with people camping on their land overnight. There is a big difference between a little walked back country trail and a popular Camino route.

Some people do. But with hundreds of people walking each stage in peak seasons (1000+ at times after Sarria) local landowners can quickly get fed up with people camping on their land overnight. There is a big difference between a little walked back country trail and a popular Camino route.
LOL - sleeping next to or near Interstate Highways, or even just around small towns, in the USA is not at all like "...a little walked back country trail..."

But still... this thread seems to give me the sense that not finding a bed is an actual problem. In another thread, @trecile says that there is a relative scarcity of beds "...in the first 100 km after SJPdP..." and finding a bed can be "...tighter after Sarria" during the summer.

I am planning my Camino. There is a big difference between being prepared to occasionally sleep outside, and not being prepared to occasionally sleep outside.

My question is really - Because of room shortages, should I plan on occasionally needing to sleep outside?

Not picking on you alone Jesper, but as a newbie following along with this entire thread, I get the sense that it is a bad thing to arrive at an albergue late in the afternoon. Bad things happen.

So what happens if you are walking along the CF in July, and there just isn't any room anywhere? I don't want to make that possibility a source of worry. If there is no room, can't you just find a "good spot" somewhere and just go to sleep?

I have traveled in a mode where I just slept wherever I got tired. I'd just find a spot where I'd be hidden, and crashed. I've even slept next to a guardrail on the Interstate. I never got "busted." So why can't I just do that in France or Spain if I felt I needed/wanted to?
It depends on what you mean by "bad things happen".

In most cases, the "bad thing" if you arrive late and find your albergue filled is that you have to sleep in a different albergue, not your first choice. Sometimes it will mean that you need to spend more for a private room in the same village or walk on to the next village (or taxi on or to somewhere off-Camino, and taxi back the next morning to resume your walk).

The Camino is not like the AT/PCT/CDT. In general there are far more amenities and people who walk the Camino are looking forward to beds each night. They aren't expecting to sleep wild each night. And there is a big difference between wild camping out in the country where few people walk by and where it is expected and in the middle of a village or town.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
LOL - sleeping next to or near Interstate Highways, or even just around small towns, in the USA is not at all like "...a little walked back country trail..."

But still... this thread seems to give me the sense that not finding a bed is an actual problem. In another thread, @trecile says that there is a relative scarcity of beds "...in the first 100 km after SJPdP..." and finding a bed can be "...tighter after Sarria" during the summer.

I am planning my Camino. There is a big difference between being prepared to occasionally sleep outside, and not being prepared to occasionally sleep outside.

My question is really - Because of room shortages, should I plan on occasionally needing to sleep outside?
I wouldn't plan on occasionally needing to sleep outside. There are plenty of more attractive (and accepted by the locals) options to dealing with the issue. I walked after Sarria in late July this year (peak times) and had no problem finding beds in the albergues - by choosing different villages to sleep in than Brierley uses as stage ends.

Personally, I have lots of reasons for not wanting to walk late into the afternoon, regardless of the bed situation. In the summer, it is the hottest time of day, not necessarily when I want to be walking. In other seasons, I want to leave time for my clothes to dry after I wash them.

Only if you enjoy sleeping outside. I have never met anyone who had no other option.

this thread seems to give me the sense that not finding a bed is an actual problem.

Usually, as in most of the time for most pilgrims, it isn't - as long as you're okay with walking a few kms further if needed, sleeping on a mattress on the floor, or - worst case - maybe take a taxi to the next place with a bed (or ask in an albergue if you can sleep in their garden). Most of the time none of that is necessary, though.

This is exactly the problem with the "you need to make reservations" myth. New walkers get the impression that there's a general shortage of beds on the Francés, which is not the case.

It can be a bit tricky in some areas during certain times, but even then, most pilgrims find a bed without major problems. Maybe not a bed in exactly the albergue or town they wanted, or a mattress on the floor instead of a private room, but that someone has to sleep in the street is extremely uncommon - unless someone chooses to (I did choose to sleep outside a few times, but there were enough beds).

Because of room shortages, should I plan on occasionally needing to sleep outside?

I wouldn't plan for it, but it can't hurt to bring a sleeping bag and a lightweight sleeping mat during busy times because you'll be more flexible and it can give some peace of mind. If you plan to walk in summer, no problem at all until Sarria, and even then, there's lots of pilgrims from there but a lot of choice for accommodation also. I've never had a problem getting a bed on the Francés (march/april/may, june, july, august) apart from when I had a pet with me (there were beds, just not for someone with a pet, so that doesn't count!) and in Pamplona during San Fermin (stupid mistake, and did get a bed in a town after Pamplona).

If you're mentally prepared to walk a little bit further to the next place if your first choice is booked out, and to take a spot on a mattress If that's what's available, that's already a good baseline for walking without reservations.

The basic donativo places and municipals with little luxury often still have room when all the shiny new private albergues are long booked out. So, if you can do with little luxury, don't have to/want to ship your backpack, and can walk a few extra kms if needed, no need to worry, in my experience.

As I was advised by a hospitalero before my first Camino "don't be afraid, and don't run".

Happy planning and buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Personally, I have lots of reasons for not wanting to walk late into the afternoon, regardless of the bed situation. In the summer, it is the hottest time of day, not necessarily when I want to be walking. In other seasons, I want to leave time for my clothes to dry after I wash them.
Completely agree.

I start early (6-7-ish) and after 5-6 hours I have done my 20-25 kms/day before the afternoon heat sets in. Never a bed problem. Actually, after 15 years caminoing unknown times, I have never missed a bed, despite very seldom booked ahead.

I sit outside a cafe in the afternoon, often watching stressed bed-race pilgrims, enjoying 1-2 beers (ahh, forgot: 12 is spelled without a hyphen (joking...)), my bed ready, pack away in the albergue, and shoes off, and relax, before making my/ours supper in the albergue kitchen, or enjoying a menu del dia in a local cafe. Win-win for me and the local cafe. Then hit the bed early (9-ish).

"Between 11 and 3, sit under a tree" is more or less my motto. And explore the place you chave chosen to stay. Chat with the locals (with your hands, arms and feet if needed) and enjoy the now.

Last edited:
David since you've walked the Camino Frances so often, please let me know if May is a good time to walk to avoid the heat [am not good in the heat].
Also will you be attending the March 2nd meeting in Toronto? I'd like to say hello if you are.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Yes please.. I tried replying within the body of his post but I guess it didn't end up there.
Now that I've "tagged" him in my post he will be alerted to this thread. You can also click on his name or profile picture and start a "private conversation" with him.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
David since you've walked the Camino Frances so often, please let me know if May is a good time to walk to avoid the heat [am not good in the heat].
Also will you be attending the March 2nd meeting in Toronto? I'd like to say hello if you are.
I haven't walked the Frances in May yet (although that is planned for this year :) ) so I can't give a definitive answer. It is almost surely better than July and August. You can always avoid the heat, regardless of the month, by starting a bit earlier in the day, which is what I've done when walking in the summer.

I will certainly be attending the March 2nd meeting. Looking forward to saying hello!

As hospitalero, I can confirm that this is true of many. But also that a lot of people, myself included, just walk without fretting about what might happen in the next village. I’ve never failed to find a bed before dark in 500+ kilometers of Camino without booking. (Camnio Francés & Vía de la Plata)
Were your Caminos pre-Covid, before numbers of pilgrims exploded?

Completely agree.

I start early (6-7-ish) and after 5-6 hours I have done my 20-25 kms/day before the afternoon heat sets in. Never a bed problem. Actually, after 15 years caminoing unknown times, I have never missed a bed, despite very seldom booked ahead.

I sit outside a cafe in the afternoon, often watching stressed bed-race pilgrims, enjoying 1-2 beers (ahh, forgot: 12 is spelled without a hyphen (joking...)), my bed ready, pack away in the albergue, and shoes off, and relax, before making my/ours supper in the albergue kitchen, or enjoying a menu del dia in a local cafe. Win-win for me and the local cafe. Then hit the bed early (9-ish).

"Between 11 and 3, sit under a tree" is more or less my motto. And explore the place you chave chosen to stay. Chat with the locals (with your hands, arms and feet if needed) and enjoy the now.
When I walk alone (without a group) I don't worry too much about booking ahead.
My plan is usually to be finished by 2 pm or so - and so far, so good.

Such a good perspective. Thank you

Were your Caminos pre-Covid, before numbers of pilgrims exploded?
Under the avatar it says 2015-2018, so that would be pre-Covid. But I can say from personal experience that they were well after the number of pilgrims exploded. The growth after 2018 was substantial, but not huge like the explosion that happened before. There was growth between 2016 and 2023, but it was a change in number, not in kind. The change in kind in the Camino had already happened by 2016.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.