• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New Camino Novel - The Grief of Goodbye

KFD

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances winter 2022
Via de la Plata 2024
Hi All

I'm an American writer/blogger living in Galicia on the Camino Frances. I just released my debut novel set on the Camino. Spoiler alert. The Grief of Goodbye: Book One in The Camino Family Trilogy is a book that will make you cry. A LOT! More than anything, as a writer I want to hear folk's reaction to this story I wrote it in my head while walking, then began writing after my first Camino in 2017. I would love to hear from you via this thread or via private message after you've read it. Love it or hate it.

Here is the synopsis.

Discover an emotionally charged tale of love, sacrifice, and redemption in The Grief of Goodbye. Can a mother's unwavering determination save her self-destructive daughter before time runs out?

Amidst a fatal diagnosis, Tess Sullivan, a high-powered executive, faces an unimaginable dilemma as her teenage daughter, Pen, plunges into the abyss of self-destruction. At a crossroads, and determined to rescue her daughter, Tess makes a heart-wrenching decision—she will delay her own cancer treatment and embark on an extraordinary journey to save Pen.

As Tess and Pen set off in the scorching sun on the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage across Spain, their departure fills Tess's husband, John, with an overwhelming mix of fear and hope. Aware that their lives hang in the balance, John, in a moment of profound vulnerability, pours his heart into a letter that will alter the course of their lives forever.

While Tess fights to reach her daughter amidst the trials and revelations along the Camino, John's heartfelt letter becomes a guiding light, revealing truths that will test the strength of their family's bond. As Tess's illness takes its toll and Santiago seems more distant than ever, she realizes the gravity of shielding her family from her own grief and pain.

The Grief of Goodbye weaves a tapestry of love, resilience, and the lengths we go to protect those we cherish. Will the unyielding bonds that tie a mother and daughter together be enough to save them?

It's available on Amazon (all countries), Barnes and Noble, and Goodreads - or by ordering it via your local bookshop.

Attachments

• Cover Final.jpg
    Cover Final.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 1,095
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Congratulations @KFD That's a real achievement. And some wonderful early reviews from some familiar Camino names. Bravo.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you! I really hope you enjoy reading it. It's been a long road to publication.
I can well imagine. Writing a story is one thing - tapping in to your imagination, creativity, life experience, vulnerability. Getting to publication is something else - guts, determination, perseverance and resilience. That's why I say, bravo.

Hi All

I'm an American writer/blogger living in Galicia on the Camino Frances. I just released my debut novel set on the Camino. Spoiler alert. The Grief of Goodbye: Book One in The Camino Family Trilogy is a book that will make you cry. A LOT! More than anything, as a writer I want to hear folk's reaction to this story I wrote it in my head while walking, then began writing after my first Camino in 2017. I would love to hear from you via this thread or via private message after you've read it. Love it or hate it.

Here is the synopsis.

Discover an emotionally charged tale of love, sacrifice, and redemption in The Grief of Goodbye. Can a mother's unwavering determination save her self-destructive daughter before time runs out?

Amidst a fatal diagnosis, Tess Sullivan, a high-powered executive, faces an unimaginable dilemma as her teenage daughter, Pen, plunges into the abyss of self-destruction. At a crossroads, and determined to rescue her daughter, Tess makes a heart-wrenching decision—she will delay her own cancer treatment and embark on an extraordinary journey to save Pen.

As Tess and Pen set off in the scorching sun on the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage across Spain, their departure fills Tess's husband, John, with an overwhelming mix of fear and hope. Aware that their lives hang in the balance, John, in a moment of profound vulnerability, pours his heart into a letter that will alter the course of their lives forever.

While Tess fights to reach her daughter amidst the trials and revelations along the Camino, John's heartfelt letter becomes a guiding light, revealing truths that will test the strength of their family's bond. As Tess's illness takes its toll and Santiago seems more distant than ever, she realizes the gravity of shielding her family from her own grief and pain.

The Grief of Goodbye weaves a tapestry of love, resilience, and the lengths we go to protect those we cherish. Will the unyielding bonds that tie a mother and daughter together be enough to save them?

It's available on Amazon (all countries), Barnes and Noble, and Goodreads - or by ordering it via your local bookshop.

Just bought it and it is being delivered to my Kindle right now. Thanks for letting us know.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you Maria - You have no idea what this means to me coming from you - If you would leave a review I would really appreciate it. -

Leaving tomorrow for the Camino. I downloaded it to my Kindle for the long flights. 😊

Leaving tomorrow for the Camino. I downloaded it to my Kindle for the long flights. 😊
Let me know what you think when you land! Buen Camino and safe travels!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Very timely - I have just finished a book. Now downloaded and will start reading this evening. Thank you.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Doing my first Camino in 2 weeks and am really interested in reading your novel - congratulations!!!
Sounds like a pilgrimage is a great way to get the creative juices flowing. I did a training walk last week and wrote 3 verses of a song (melody - "We are pilgrims on a journey..."). Can't wait to see what else bubbles up.
Buen Camino

I am halfway through book.

Really enjoying it.

I rarely read non-fiction, especially about the way.

I am more of an autobiographical or history reading gal about the camino or other peoples and topics.

But, your novel is a real treat.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.