If you want to start the Camino Frances at St Jean Pied de Port, know that a hostel for pilgrims has just been born in this city. It is located at 25 rue de la Citadelle. Feel free to go, I've tested it, hospitality is exceptional and price are very good. See http://www.aubergedupelerin.com
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
It looks great!
Opens in late March and closes Oct. 30
- A bed 15 € HT / person
- Dinner 11 € HT
- breakfast 5 € HT (from 06h: 00 am)
- A terrace / bar shaded
The pilgrims can rent:
- Washing machines and dryers with the possibility of iron.
- Internet access on-screen or WIFI
- Extra blankets, towels, toiletries and linen.
- Old newspapers are available to dry the inside wet shoes and if it is not enough, there is the rental shoe dryer.
- A garden of flowers and fruit trees
The doors open at 4:30 p.m. Closes 9:30pm
Dinner is at 19 hours (the second sitting at 20:30) the lights out at 10:30 p.m.
Reservations are recommended
33 (0) 18.104.22.168.86
or +33 (0) 6 22.214.171.124
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to volunteer at the new hostel?
Contact Daniele at: email@example.com
phone: 00.3126.96.36.199.86 / 00 3188.8.131.52.10 (Daniele)
You will receive board and lodging at the albergue.