• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New municipal albergue near Almería

alansykes

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Except the Francés
This Saturday a new donativo albergue will be opened in Rioja, 13-14km north of Almería. It means people can either have a short day there and a slightly longer one on to Alboloduy (27-8km on) or 2 short days, with the albergue at Santa Fe de Mondújar only 12km from Rioja.

It's by the polidiportivo and will have 6-8 beds.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Please don´t mistake Rioja with LA RIOJA. Rioja is a town at the South of Spain and La Rioja is a Autonomic Community. This clarification could seem unnecessary but:

Last year a couple of pilgrims took a taxi at Madrid airport to go to Lorca. But there are two towns called Lorca at Spain. The big one is near the mediterranean sea at the sout east of Spain. The smaller one is in the Camino de Santiago in the community of La Rioja.
Years ago a passanger whom wanted to fly to SANTIAGO de Chile, arrived at SANTIAGO de Compostela airport. S_it happens. :eek:

Nice to hear about the new refugio at Rioja. It's usually a long hot day out of Almeria with a lot of time spent walking in the river bed. Also Rioja seemed to have several restaurants and generally more facilities than Mondujar. ALSO NB. The last Cajero/ATM/minibank before Alba is in Rioja. There is no ATM in Aboloduy and the restaurants don't take cards. Thanks for the info Alan. I would really like to walk this route again. It's very solitary, but incredibly beautiful with it's views of the Alpujarras.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
NB. The last Cajero/ATM/minibank before Alba is in Rioja. There is no ATM in Aboloduy and the restaurants don't take cards.

That's very useful to know, thanks. I once forgot to top up in Baňos de Montemayor, on the VdlP, which meant I had 50€ or thereabouts to last me until the next ATM in Salamanca, three days later. Greatly reduced caffeine intake on those days.

Most read last week in this forum

I've just completed the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria. My first Camino was the Camino Frances from SJPDP in October 2021. I don't have a trip report as such. I know people who trip on mushrooms...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back