• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New to the forum

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi and welcome @sasecurity ! Have a look at the search function (top right corner) to read through the topics that interest you most. Also what Camino are you planning to walk (there are many!)? We are here to answer any questions you might still have.
BC SY

Hi and welcome @sasecurity ! Have a look at the search function (top right corner) to read through the topics that interest you most. Also what Camino are you planning to walk (there are many!)? We are here to answer any questions you might still have.
BC SY
Hi, thank you I will have a look, the plan is to walk from Santander to Santiago de Compostela, I’m going to take 2 months off work and take my time with it and take in as much as I can

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The more time you have, the more you will enjoy it! And if you have time left at the end - there are always other, shorter Caminos to do ;-)
BC SY

The more time you have, the more you will enjoy it! And if you have time left at the end - there are always other, shorter Caminos to do ;-)
BC SY
I’m planning on seeing as much of the world as possible over the next few years so I will be definitely looking into others, one being the Lucca to Rome Camino next year

Hi all, new to the forum, I'm Planning to walk the Camino de Santiago from the 1st of April, this will be my first time and I’m really looking forward to it, any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. 😊

Hello, and a warm welcome to the Forum :)

The good news is, you are in a forum with a wonderful group of people. Most are here to help people like you to achieve their pilgrimage goals. We can offer you encouragement, knowledge, and point you in the direction that will help you help yourself.

My suggestion to start is this:
  1. Take a deep breath. Write down in large letters the reasons why you want to go on Camino. Place that piece of paper where you can see it every day. That way, if anxieties and fears threaten to overwhelm you as you plan, you can just breath, read what you have written, and focus on those reasons until the negative stuff fades.
  2. Make a list of questions and concerns that you have.
  3. Go to the Search Engine at the top of the Forum pages.
  4. Enter the words or phrase that you want more information about. You will get a huge amount of information to explore.
  5. If you find that you need help with anything, post a new thread so that your question or concern can be readily seen. If you post a question within someone else's thread, you won't receive as big of a response.
  6. Remember that perfect timing as it relates to how you feel, scheduling, and day to day life issues, seldom align themselves perfectly. If one waits for such to occur, doing something like a pilgrimage will always be in danger of taking a back seat while you wait for that perfect alignment to happen.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello, and a warm welcome to the Forum :)

The good news is, you are in a forum with a wonderful group of people. Most are here to help people like you to achieve their pilgrimage goals. We can offer you encouragement, knowledge, and point you in the direction that will help you help yourself.

My suggestion to start is this:
  1. Take a deep breath. Write down in large letters the reasons why you want to go on Camino. Place that piece of paper where you can see it every day. That way, if anxieties and fears threaten to overwhelm you as you plan, you can just breath, read what you have written, and focus on those reasons until the negative stuff fades.
  2. Make a list of questions and concerns that you have.
  3. Go to the Search Engine at the top of the Forum pages.
  4. Enter the words or phrase that you want more information about. You will get a huge amount of information to explore.
  5. If you find that you need help with anything, post a new thread so that your question or concern can be readily seen. If you post a question within someone else's thread, you won't receive as big of a response.
  6. Remember that perfect timing as it relates to how you feel, scheduling, and day to day life issues, seldom align themselves perfectly. If one waits for such to occur, doing something like a pilgrimage will always be in danger of taking a back seat while you wait for that perfect alignment to happen.
Thank you for this, I will take it all on board, my time off is confirmed with work and i am making this walk my top priority, roll on April 😊

Welcome to the forum. Santander is a great place to start. If you follow the Norte to Oviedo you can choose between continuing on the Norte or taking the Primitivo. You could try searching @Terry B 's posts as the Norte-Primitivo was his first Camino or check out Terry's blog for that Camino. It runs 'both ways' - start to finish (Exeter to Santiago) and then the original blog-wise posts from Santiago to Exeter. It might give you some ideas.
Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Welcome to the forum. Santander is a great place to start. If you follow the Norte to Oviedo you can choose between continuing on the Norte or taking the Primitivo. You could try searching @Terry B 's posts as the Norte-Primitivo was his first Camino or check out Terry's blog for that Camino. It runs 'both ways' - start to finish (Exeter to Santiago) and then the original blog-wise posts from Santiago to Exeter. It might give you some ideas.
Buen Camino
Thank you very much for the help, I’ve got the starting point wrong lol, it will be from st jean pied-de-port to Santiago

Hi all, new to the forum, I'm Planning to walk the Camino de Santiago from the 1st of April, this will be my first time and I’m really looking forward to it, any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. 😊
Buen Camino

I have a question, I am new here and for the life of me, don't know how to start a thread..only a reply..I have a few questions, but I don't know where or how to start a thread.. I have tried.. could you possibly guide me to where and how I can start my own thread.. Where did you go to start this one..?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Buen Camino

I have a question, I am new here and for the life of me, don't know how to start a thread..only a reply..I have a few questions, but I don't know where or how to start a thread.. I have tried.. could you possibly guide me to where and how I can start my own thread.. Where did you go to start this one..?

Hi, Kumi.

To start a new thread:

1. Make sure you are on the main community Forum page. If unsure, look at the blue menu bar at the top of the page. Find the selection "Forums". Click on it.

2. On that main page, if you look to near the top of the page to the right, just under the Blue Menu bar, you will see an orange box labeled "Post Thread". Click on it.

3. A sub menu will appear showing all of the Forums and sub-forums. Scroll through that menu and find a forum/sub forum, that matches the topic you wish to start a thread on. For instance, if you wanted to post about 'backpacks', you would scroll down and select 'Equipment Questions'.

4. Once you select the Forum, a page will pop up that will allow you to create a title for your thread, and then a blank section for you to write your thoughts. I believe there is a 2,000 word limit.

5. When you are done composing your message, there is a button labeled 'Post Message' at the bottom of the page. Click it to submit your thread. It should quickly appear on the Forum.

Buen Camino

Go to the forum you want to start a new thread in.
Look for the orange button stating 'Post Thread', it is on the far right and a bit down from the top of the webpage.
Click it and off you go ;-)
BC SY

Buen Camino

Hi Kumi, I clicked on new posts in the forum tab and then in the right corner there is a orange box with new thread, when are you planning your Camino?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Is the camino del Norte indicated in reverse ? We will go from Oviedo to Santander.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase a Vodafone sim card in SJPD or any other town . I start in SJPD I prefer to have a sim rather then a esim
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi we are walking from Puebla De Sanabria to Terroso tomorrow and given the downpours we have had today, I wondered if anyone had any updates???
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.