A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

News from Albergue La Piedra, Villafranca

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
I got an email from Livia and Unai at Albergue La Piedra (they also run Hostal Cruce) in Villafranca today. This is their first day open and things are slow. I'm praying it picks up for them and the rest of the folks on the Camino. . . but this is good news, that they are open at all!

"Today is the first day that the Hostal and the Albergue are open since the covid started. At the albergue there are 5 pilgrims sleeping and 2 at the hostal. It doesn´t look much but tomorrow we expect less people. Only one person called to the albergue to reserve. So we will start slowly this year… with big patience."

Camino(s) past & future
"Camino from 2013 to 2019" paused for now...
Thanks, I remember meeting Unai in Molinaseca early one morning as we left the Albergue there. He was promoting his... its actually a great location in Villafranca - I hope they survive the next while...

Isca-camigo

Camino(s) past & future
Various ones.
I would like to stay here , the last two times I have arrived in Villafranca have been on the 23rd December, they have been shut so my only option the 1st time was Ave Fenix, which I really like for the comaradery but it has an infestation problem. The 2nd time I stayed in another Albergue which was souless but I didn't get bitten. I met the owners of La Piedra on my 1st 23rd December visit when I was checking the places to stay, they were loading their bags into their car and we're going to be with family for Xmas Eve, they were very friendly and just in those few moments I realised that they probably had a special place to stay.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 323 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 94 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 373 28.7%
  • October

Votes: 157 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock