• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

No beds ,move on.

angus55morrison

Uist beach
Time of past OR future Camino
walked Camino Frances 2012, future June 26 2016 / Burgos to Santiago July 2017 future Camino Fran
Just finished my second Camino Frances from Burgos, it was a continuation of my Camino from last year which I had to stop in Burgos and fly back to Glasgow Scotland to my son who became ill and died 30 minutes after I got to the hospital. It was always my intention to go back, so on the 24 th of July this year I began my continuation of the Camino from Burgos. During the camino I was having problems getting into albergue as they were being booked ahead , one day I walked from 6 in the morning till 9 at night ,47 kilometres but I met a young Irishman from Dublin who insisted that I took his place in the albergue he was staying ,the owner wasn't too pleased but he made sure she wasn't putting a pilgrim out on the street I duly paid her the 10 euro and the true pilgrim the young Irishman also was given a bed.Many places were full but not putting the completo sign up.The good thing with the council run albergue there's no booking first come first served ,don't let me put you off your Camino maybe at 62 I'm an old moaner.Keep the weight down , enjoy every minute .Love and light.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Just finished my second Camino Frances from Burgos, it was a continuation of my Camino from last year which I had to stop in Burgos and fly back to Glasgow Scotland to my son who became ill and died 30 minutes after I got to the hospital. It was always my intention to go back, so on the 24 th of July this year I began my continuation of the Camino from Burgos. During the camino I was having problems getting into albergue as they were being booked ahead , one day I walked from 6 in the morning till 9 at night ,47 kilometres but I met a young Irishman from Dublin who insisted that I took his place in the albergue he was staying ,the owner wasn't too pleased but he made sure she wasn't putting a pilgrim out on the street I duly paid her the 10 euro and the true pilgrim the young Irishman also was given a bed.Many places were full but not putting the completo sign up.The good thing with the council run albergue there's no booking first come first served ,don't let me put you off your Camino maybe at 62 I'm an old moaner.Keep the weight down , enjoy every minute .Love and light.
Very sorry for your loss. Must be a terrible experience. I have always wished that my children will outlive me, because what you have experienced is so unfair in my eyes.

Happy though that you were able to return to finish your Camino and that you had that nice experience. I am 63 and will return in 2 weeks time, starting in Pamplona: Hoping I will get lucky with beds; but then again, I start early, have good speed, and rarely walk after 2PM.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I am so glad for you--that you are able to experience the joy of the Camino, and feel glad for getting a bed. It was very kind of the other pilgrim to help you out, and as usual, it all turned out well for both of you.

I also know that the Camino must be very special for you. Deep condolences on the loss of your son. My folks lost our only boy, my brother, and I know firsthand how hard that is. I'm glad you made it back to be with him.

Just last August, I was delighted to spend time in Glasgow. What a beautiful place, and I found people from Scotland to be delightful and helpful.

Buen Camino, Pilgrim.

Hi, Angus,

Although I know the death of your son isn't the main point of your post I have to express my deepest condolences!
I'm not a parent myself, but... it's just so unfair.

Absolutely nice gesture from a Dubliner. The guy just paid it forward I'd say. That's one of the miracles of the Camino. I wish it would be the same in our after Camino lives.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your walk and talked some with your late son.

Sincerely - Ultreia!, Angus.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.