• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

no time to get excited

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
We leave for our Via de la Plata in just 103 days but we are not in a place to be looking forward to it because there are so many other things going on. Eldest son has just spent a month on a scholarship in China. Eldest daughter is preparing to get married in a month. Another son has been off housesitting. Second daughter has started fulltime work. It's summer holidays. We know we will have done a semester's work before we leave. The youngest four are preparing for a triathlon and are performing in The Merchant of Venice. There is so much going on that we are not savouring the anticipation of walking. I am, however, really really really looking forward to the break that it promises to be. I know May 1 will be upon us before we know it...it's just strange that this preparation time is so different to the other three.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ah, Rachel, you may think you are not savoring the anticipation, but I'm sure it's there deep in your psyche, and that it will jump out at you at the times you need it the most. When things get really really crazy in my pre-Camino weeks, it's great to be able to take a deep breath and remember what's waiting for me at the end of all the craziness.

Buen camino, Laurie
and p.s. congrats and much happiness on eldest daughter's wedding!

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Hi all, I have access to data on arrivals of pilgrims to Santiago by day, country, age, gender, departure point, route, reason and means used. Based on this data, I am analysing it to develop a...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
As I watched the aurora Friday night (west coast Canada) I was thinking how wonderful it would be to see it along the camino. Wondering if anyone currently walking or living along the camino saw...
Hi there, I will be walking Camino Primitivo soon and I still have some questions that you could maybe help me to answer. As I would like to avoid to bring unnecessary things with me. 1. I do...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back