• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

No turning back now!

Nick_Snook

Hi everybody
This is my first posting
April 1st 2011
In my 50th year and the start day of my camino
Llangarron to Santiago to Finisterre
No turning back now
Nick :eek:)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Good one, Nick.
I decided to do the Everest Base Camp Trek for my 50th - and I'd never walked anywhere before. Since then I've walked the Coast To Coast, West Highland Way, Great Glen Way, The Overland Track, The Kokoda Track and others and just returned from my first Camino last month.
I warn you, you'll be hooked!
Good luck,
Jacki.

Hi Nick,
Well done! Plenty of time for planning and preparation. I presume that is Llangarron in Wales, are you starting from your front door? If so are there ancient routes / footpaths that you plan to take? I am interested in pilgrim routes in South West England. Gareth walked the Thames path after his start at Worcester. What are your ideas?

Blessings on your planning
Tio Tel

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Nick,
My friend and I celebrated,amongst other things, becoming 50 by walking the CF from SJPP to Santiago in April this year and also kept a 32 year old promise made to ourselves as teenagers to 'do the Camino when we are old'!
It's a great way to launch ones half century celebrations Nick but, as the others have pointed out, the the Camino has become a catalyst for other journeys/adventures rather than the 'one off' special event I'd expected it to be.
Enjoy
Nell

OLD??? At 50??? You are still young! You'll just have to walk it again - when you ARE old.

Hi Sil,
I was quoting my rather naive 18 year old self there! And at 18 I thought anyone over 25 was over the hill!. I now realise of course that at 50 I am only just reaching my prime with many more caminos in my tank :D .
Nell

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Phew!! Thats a relief - at least you still get to keep your promise and walk the camino when you are old!

Hi everyone
I am genuinly touched by the number of responses and the encouragement from you all. When I said it was my post I meant first post of any description to any website. How do I reply to you all?

If this is the way then a big thanks to everyone;

Jacky - thanks for the good luck perhaps we'll meet on another road when the hooks in.

Terry B - Thanks for your blessing, I'm planning on walking the A40 from my house straight to Central London, visting churches and cathedrals on the way, then it's bus to Le Puy en Velay and head for the sunset (my hearts beating faster thinking about it!). I hadn't really considered the spiritual aspect of the UK leg of the journey, not in terms of following ancient routes anyway. I was more concerned in getting from home to London as directly as possible. I'd welcome any advice or research sources that you might have that would allow me to both, get to London and perhaps follow an old route.

Nell and Sil - you make smile, 50 pah its the new 20 - god bless you both!

Here's to a great Xmas and a safe peaceful and prosperous 2010 to us all (T-476 today 8) )

Hi Nick,
Terry and I have found this website helpful for finding walks. http://www.walkingbritain.co.uk/walks/index.php Most are circular, but with the help of a good map/Google maps you may well find routes you can take rather than just the A40 itself.
Every blessing on your planning, and walking when it comes.
Tia Valeria (TerryB's 'other half')

PS: Yes, 'send reply' keeps answers/questions going in this thread. It is also how to join in on other threads/posts. The PM button at the side sends private messages (like texting/e-mail) that only the recipient can read.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.