• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Not a good time to be in Spain this weekend.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Not a good time to be in Spain this weekend.
http://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/19 ... -provinces

A TOTAL of 18 provinces in Spain are on alert over possible snow today (Sunday)
The Canary Islands – seven islands in total – are also likely to see severe weather conditions on the coast, including storms, winds and tidal waves.

Additionally, these are predicted to hit A Coruña, Lugo, Pontevedra, Guipúzcoa, Vizcaya, Asturias, Almería and Granada.

Up to six inches of snow are predicted in La Rioja and Asturias, and winds of up to 80 kilometres per hour in Pontevedra, and A Coruña.

In Málaga, gusts could reach 70 kilometres per hour.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am in Spain presently and for the next two months in the Costa Blanca area(Alicante).

Happy to report that I have enjoyed wonderful weather for the last month. A comfortable 20 degrés today in Valencia and forecast of the same for tomorrow.

I left Canada last December to escape snow and I haven't seen the stuff here in the last four years.

Come south!
Jean-Marc

Agreed, Jean-Marc. The weather can be quite variable across this large peninsula. We had just light rain yesterday in Sevilla, now it's back to sunny skies today.

For those interested, I am an experienced meteorologist with a weather blog for Andalucia here:
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/esteban9/show.html

All the best!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum