• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Official Premier of THE WAY

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Xacobeo's newsletter - THE WAY, Official Premier on November 8th and Premiers in theatres on November 19th. I can't see which theatres or where. Maybe Ivar can give more info?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes, there is a pre-screening / Premiere in Santiago on the 8th.... (With Martin Sheen present) and then another similar pre-screening/premier in Madrid on the 10th. The movie will open in theatres all over Spain the 19th.

Not sure what theaters will show the movie, and in how many theaters it will open in.

Saludis,
Ivar

Found this information - looks as if they aren't really pursuing a general distribution deal, however if you live in America, The Way might be coming to a theatre near you!

Quote from Toronto's Globe and Mail:

Estevez, The Way’s director, and Sheen, its star, have been considering a bus tour that would start somewhere like Boston and travel to the west coast, stopping in small towns and cities along the way to screen the movie, which focuses on notions of community, friendship, faith and self-discovery.

The idea was spurred by a recent 4,000-kilometre road trip Estevez took from Los Angeles to Detroit and back, which he says opened his eyes to aspects of America that are rarely seen or fully appreciated by many.

But Sheen said the bus tour would be conditional on getting the right kind of distribution deal to support the venture. He thinks a traditional wide release makes little sense for The Way, a touching story he feels bucks many of the trends in commercially popular films.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hmmm . . . disappointing!

I did email some 'body' connected with "The Way" few months ago and was told it would be seen in Australia in mainstream cinemas . . they just didn't have a distributor ...... Maybe ..... maybe not?? :?

I received the following information by e-mail today, having posted my interest on The Way website some time ago. Gives a bit more info on US and UK release dates. Sadly nothing for Oz as yet.

Regards
Mig

Hello Fellow Travelers,

Thank you for your kind words and notes of support regarding our film "The Way." We have been test screening the film across the United States and of course, we were excited and honored to be selected for The Toronto Film Festival this past September. The feedback has been encouraging and has given us a sense that there is a real audience out there for movies that celebrate our humanity, our kindness and our faith.

We have received emails from many different countries regarding the release dates both theatrically as well as availability of "The Way" on DVD for purchase. It's difficult to say when the DVD will be in stores, as we believe the film will enjoy a theatrical run before it's available to own in any of the territories we have been getting your wonderful mail from.

This week, we are off to Spain to premiere the film in both Santiago and Madrid. We will celebrate Mass with The Holy Father, Pope Benedict in Santiago de Compostela on November 6th. "The Way" will then premiere in Santiago on November 8th. On November 10th, we will have our Madrid premiere followed by the Spanish national release on November 19th. Both Martin and I will be in Spain to promote the picture in the lead up to the national release.

The next proposed date for theatrical release will be mid-April in the UK. Icon International Entertainment will be distributing in England.

We are currently in negotiations with other international territories regarding release. Please check back on our website and Facebook page, as we will be updating on a more regular basis as we get closer to release.

Back here in the US, we are formulating our plans for an American theatrical release sometime in mid-April as well. Prior to release in early March of 2011, we are planning a nationwide, coast-to-coast "40 States in 40 Days" bus tour to screen the film with follow up Q&A sessions with Martin and I. We would like to invite you to write and tell us about your group, church or college and why we should include it on our Camino pilgrimage across America. We will gladly put you into consideration as we begin our planning. Tell us what type of venue your organization has access to and what screening capabilities (i.e., 35mm projection, BluRay, DVD) are available at those venues.

Thank you so much for your continued interest in "The Way." I can't wait to share our Camino with all of you!

Buen Camino,

Emilio Estevez

Thanks Mig, good there's news for UK, Spain and US . . . still working on other countries it seems. Yes, I got the email too. . . from Emilio Estevez . . . felt pretty cool!!!! 8)

Cheers Carole.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Well the news from the horse's mouth is certainly a lot more encouraging and comprehensive!

Thanks for the info, Mig!

lynne

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Oddly re-watched Martin in Apocalypse Now last night... bit of a change in theme, least this one didn't give hi a heart attack.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Further update from "The Way" info team today advised that reviews and reaction to the movie screenings in both Santiago and Madrid were very positive. Also confirmed the following...

Our plan is to open the film in the UK/Ireland and US during Easter week, 2011. Stay tuned to our website for updates, new film clips and the new trailer in the next several weeks
http://theway-themovie.com/

Regards
Mig

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Or do you prefer Cromwell's attitude? Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry. I am starting to get tired of the attitude that it isn't necessary to take reasonable care and thought...
Hello all. Here to give a brief account of my (and many others) first day on the Camino on May 1. The trip to Roncesvalles was tough. I went Valcarlos route because napoleon was very ill advised...
I struggle with social anxiety and I was wandering if anybody with the same issue had a positive experience on the Camino walking alone. I saw lots of posts and videos people talking about forming...
I am wondering how you disconnect, in part, from the world. I have a couple of reasons that I need to be accessible but, I don't want to be constantly connected on this journey. Ideas?
Hello, I have reserved a night in an Albergue and the confirmation says Fecha de entrada: 2024-06-05. In the UK we would write this as 05-06-2024, is that what this means, 5th June 2024, I am...
I am currently walking the Camino Frances with my parents and am enjoying every moment. I brought some euros with me and loaded money onto a cash passport as I thought this would be safe...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back