• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

only walking 6 days-- getting home mid-camino --taxis?

melbelle

Hi,
I am walking my Camino in the first week of May. This is my first time walking the Camino and since I am a student with a limited schedule and budget, I am only able to walk 6 days. I plan on starting in Pamplona and a website I found suggested I should make it to Santo Domingo de la Calzada before I need to head back to Barcelona to catch a flight home. Does anyone have any suggestions about getting back to Barcelona from Santo Domingo de la Calzada? I thought I could maybe take a bus or a train back to Pamplona and catch another train or bus from there to Barcelona, but when I was looking up rail tickets, there don't seem to be any stations close to where I would end my walk. Anyone who has been there: will there be taxis that can take me to the nearest station? Or is there a bus station in that town? Any suggestions would be awesome! Thank you!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
From Santo Domingo, you can either take the bus to Burgos or back to Logrono or Pamplona, & pick up the train there. The tourist office in Santo Domingo has the bus schedule to/from Burgos. I think the first bus leaves about 7 am, but please double-check that when you get there.

Kelly

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Most comfortable and easy, I believe that it is Santo Domingo Logroño and Logroño Barcelona.-
Greetings and Buen Camino,.-

Most read last week in this forum

I'm about to start the Camino Portuguese, and was wondering what rideshare options are available in Europe?
The why is in the article below. https://www.elcorreogallego.es/santiago/2024/05/07/concello-santiago-estudia-reforzar-conexiones-102021423.html
Here's the dealeo. 😁 Instead of my usual departure city back to the US of A from Paris. I am now coming home from Barcelona. I've done my due diligence in searching how to get from Logrono to...
Where in Santiago can I catch the bus to the airport?
Hello! My name is Molly. I have been wanting to do the camino for YEARS and finally have exactly a one month window later this month, from May 21st to June 21st. I am writing here to see if any of...
I am filling out the Correos bag transportation itinerary and my question is, what do I select as my next destination if my hotel/inn/BnB/apartment is not listed on the drop down menu? Can I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back