A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Live - Camino Francés Over halfway!

andywild

Camino(s) past & future
april '2018'
Made it halfway (much to the surprise of family and friends who thought I'd be lost,crippled,dead within 4 days of setting off.. they were even taking bets on whether I would make it to the airport)
Thank you to everyone who is reading the blog and I just wanted to say that all the comments really help cheer me up when the going gets tricky.
Onwards and upwards!!

firstcamino.wordpress.com

Andy

Advertisment

Purky

The Dutch guy
Camino(s) past & future
Breathe properly.
Stay curious.
And walk a camino.
Checking your blog every couple of days and I like your style. There is nothing like humor and a sense of perspective to get you through tricky times, and you have those in no small measure. Enjoy the last half!

Fletchonides

Camino(s) past & future
SJPdP - Pamplona (2014)
Pamplona - Burgos (2016)
Burgos - Leon (June 2017)
Leon - SdC (June 2018)
Loving the blog and your progress. Keep it up.

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Francé 2005; 2016
Inglés June 2017
del Salvador Sep 2018
Primitivo Oct 2018
Made it halfway (much to the surprise of family and friends who thought I'd be lost,crippled,dead within 4 days of setting off.. they were even taking bets on whether I would make it to the airport)
Thank you to everyone who is reading the blog and I just wanted to say that all the comments really help cheer me up when the going gets tricky.
Onwards and upwards!!

firstcamino.wordpress.com

Andy
Are you wearing that wooly hat on the Francés?

Camino(s) past & future
"2018"
You Know for sure I am reading and loving everything YOU write. I have been inactive for some time, family tragedies can do that. BUT I'm still here and excited to depart 2 weeks today. The timing is awful (for me) BUT i am so committed to joining the fraternity of amazing peeps that have walked before me. xx

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
much to the surprise of family and friends who thought I'd be lost,crippled,dead within 4 days of setting off.. they were even taking bets on whether I would make it to the airport
Hahaha...and you will have the last laugh, Andy, when you amble into Santiago.
Buen onward camino, peregrino!

Camino(s) past & future
Porto to Santiago Coastal Route (Future)
Hi Andy
Really enjoying your blog. It really is so "entertaining". Your photography is improving and I hope you are not suffering for your art. We know that as an "artist" you give it your all. I am sure that like me your readers are really humbled that you are going through such pain and tough times just to make us laugh.
Buen Camino to all on the way

Camino(s) past & future
French way (June 2018) with Finisterra. Camino Dragonte being considered en route.
Where's day 31 of the blog? Talk to us man! Let us know you're alive! Did you get all the way to O'Ceb in one day?

LakeMcD

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2015
Portuguese 2016
GR10/Norte/Primitivo 2017
Chemin LePuy: 2018
I visit your blog on a regular basis and always enjoy the musings of a man with a sense of humor. Keep it up.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 101 15.7%
  • May

Votes: 164 25.4%