• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Paris to Santiago

felipebr

Good afternoon, my name is Felipe, I am Brazilian and I intend to start the road to santiago in Paris of May 2013.

I bought two guides / books on this route (miam miam dodo and the other is the publisher Lepere), I'm waiting for both to reach Brazil yet.

Need tips on this particular route (Paris - Saint Jean Pied de Port) as did the French way in July 2010 (roncesvalles - santiago).

Another major doubt, put how many euros per day on average to calculate the total spend between Paris and the SJPP? From Santiago SJPP to have everything prepared.

My Intent is to make a book in Portuguese about the whole route, so the more information can better be done the work.

In summary:

1) The books I bought are good or need another?

2) How many euros (per day) spent in this way?

3) I do not speak French (I speak fluently: Portuguese, Spanish and Italian) and have basic knowledge in English (I will start a course that just ends in May 2013 to become fluent too). Is it possible to get almost 40 days in France without speaking French? At least I'll try to use sign language or write sentences to show ready for the French.

4) The signaling route is well done? Or do I need to be guided by the book? I know that the signs are different from Spain (which is a yellow arrow), but is easy viewing and understanding?

5) You must make reservations in hostels or can just come and pay the same in Spain?

Well basically these are the doubt for now, if my English is not perfect or someone did not understand a phrase, you can talk to try to improve.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Miam Miam Dodo does not cover the routes from Paris, so it won't do you any good. You can travel the Tours or Vezelay route. There is a good guide for the Vezelay route by the Amis et Pelerins. http://www.vezelay-compostelle.eu/

http://pilgrim.peterrobins.co.uk/routes ... tours.html
http://pilgrim.peterrobins.co.uk/routes ... moges.html

The cost a year ago was about 35-40 Euro per day, more than in Spain at about 30E this year. Reservations are a good idea. On the Vezelay route you often stay in private homes, and many of the gites have as few as four beds.

Waymarks are red and white for all Grande Rondonee routes. Their quality varies from section to section because they are posted by local groups.

http://www.chemindecompostelle.com/SJME/index.html

Something about all the roads information: Pour simplifier la recherche du pèlerin, les itinaraires ont été regroupés en 26 chapitres : Voie du Puy // Voie d'Arles // Voie de Tours // Voie de Vézelay // Alsace et Franche-Comté // Bretagne // Mont-Saint-Michel // Vendée et Charente // Voie Littorale // Ouest Pyrénées // Piémont pyrénéen // Catalogne // Chemin Stevenson // Provence // Rhône-Alpes // Bourgogne-Ardennes-Champagne-Lorraine // Auvergne // Limousin // Quercy-Périgord // Rouergue-Midi- Pyrénées // Lourdes // Normandie // Nord-Picardie // Belgique // Québec // Suisse // Espagne et Portugal

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Good afternoon, my name is Felipe, I am Brazilian and I intend to start the road to santiago in Paris of May 2013.

I bought two guides / books on this route (miam miam dodo and the other is the publisher Lepere), I'm waiting for both to reach Brazil yet.

Need tips on this particular route (Paris - Saint Jean Pied de Port) as did the French way in July 2010 (roncesvalles - santiago).

Another major doubt, put how many euros per day on average to calculate the total spend between Paris and the SJPP? From Santiago SJPP to have everything prepared.

My Intent is to make a book in Portuguese about the whole route, so the more information can better be done the work.

In summary:

1) The books I bought are good or need another?

2) How many euros (per day) spent in this way?

3) I do not speak French (I speak fluently: Portuguese, Spanish and Italian) and have basic knowledge in English (I will start a course that just ends in May 2013 to become fluent too). Is it possible to get almost 40 days in France without speaking French? At least I'll try to use sign language or write sentences to show ready for the French.

4) The signaling route is well done? Or do I need to be guided by the book? I know that the signs are different from Spain (which is a yellow arrow), but is easy viewing and understanding?

5) You must make reservations in hostels or can just come and pay the same in Spain?

Well basically these are the doubt for now, if my English is not perfect or someone did not understand a phrase, you can talk to try to improve.

Hi Felipe.
Did you end up doing this route? I would love to hear about it as I am thinking to do it before the Camino Frances.
Antonio

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back