• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Permethrin -- any suggested alternatives?

HPalola

Time of past OR future Camino
Taking about 12 days for my first Camino walk in July, 2015. Starting in Ponferrada.
I've done a little research on permethrin suggested for treatment of my sleep sack/bag and I'm worried about sleeping surrounded by chemicals. Not to mention the effect of this broad-spectrum chemical on the beneficial insects I may encounter! Anyone have any thoughts on this? Has anyone found a more natural treatment that works to keep bedbugs at bay? Thanks for any ideas (this forum is AWESOME!)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There are many opinions, many suggested alternatives and much wishful thinking, but no real evidence that any of them work. Even the effectiveness of permethrin as a deterrent is not clear. Search "bedbugs" on this forum and you'll see the debates!

Like C clearly wrote ;-) The real important bit is to clean thoroughly and effectively everything when you come home to avoid introducing new 'pets' into your house. On the way there isn't really anything that works always and for everybody to avoid 'bed bug encounters'. Buen Camino nevertheless, SY

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum