• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Phone charger

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Gimmick.

If you have the energy left at the end of the day to crank this device. Mobile phones have a limit to the ampere for charging and would not accept more if if there is, usually 0.85 to 1 amp. If it take an hour to charge that's how long you need to crank it.

Urghh....

Back in 2003 Marca (a popular Spanish sports paper) were giving something similar out for free. At that time there were several different types of plug so you got them all and jsut picked the one you needed.

I remember a bar in Fromista where an enterprising senorita of about 7 had set up shop cranking away and charging 100 pesetas a phone - must have had half a dozen on the bar in front of her. 13 years later she probably owns the bar!

Ideal pocket guides for during and after your Camino. Each weighs just 40g (1.4 oz).
Someone needs to invent a device that will store energy generated from the movement of your legs you walk.

use solar power and just turn off the phone until you need it, most likely you do not need it until you come to a pit stop

I have a solar charger as back up xymmot. Agree with you trecile it's a shame it can't use power from walking. I posted it just for a little fun am sure some people will no doubt buy it but at £100 it's a bit pricey for me.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I've now completed 3 Caminos including the Francés, Inglés (with a León-Sarria side trip) and Arles-Aragónes-Francés. I've hiked and backpacked most of my life. I've learned from others and by...
Hi all! I know shoes are discussed quite a bit here but I have a last minute question as I head out on the Camino Frances next Sunday. I have a weaker ankle so I purchase the Oboz Sapphire Mid...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.