• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Photos I wish I had taken on my camino

Gailsie

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances Fall '09 ;
Sept/Oct 2009 Camino Frances

1. Roncesvalles overflow container/sleeping room - 4 sets of bunks, 8 people and all the gear in that small area.

2. On the climb to O'Cebreiro, the scenery behind me when I looked back while climbing half way up. I do have a photo but it does not do justice to the beautiful of the scenery.

3. Somewhere in Navarre, I looked to the east and there was a ridge of cliffs with granite and green. In the sunlight it was spectacular.

4. The look on my face when I got lost in Monte Gonzo and ended up walking kms more than I had to and I was so exhausted at that point. Don't ask how I missed going the right way, I was probably the only one who ever walked where I walked.

5. A photo of the beautiful bright blue butterfly that travelled along with me for a few feet and then flittered off before I could get my camera out.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Sept/Oct 2009 Camino Frances

1. Roncesvalles overflow container/sleeping room - 4 sets of bunks, 8 people and all the gear in that small area.

2. On the climb to O'Cebreiro, the scenery behind me when I looked back while climbing half way up. I do have a photo but it does not do justice to the beautiful of the scenery.

3. Somewhere in Navarre, I looked to the east and there was a ridge of cliffs with granite and green. In the sunlight it was spectacular.

4. The look on my face when I got lost in Monte Gonzo and ended up walking kms more than I had to and I was so exhausted at that point. Don't ask how I missed going the right way, I was probably the only one who ever walked where I walked.

5. A photo of the beautiful bright blue butterfly that travelled along with me for a few feet and then flittered off before I could get my camera out.

Thank you for posting this! It serves as a reminder to be in the moment and not to miss anything. The good thing is you have those images in your memory and in your heart forever. I lost an SD card with 700 photos in Logrono...all from my packing my backpack, waiting at the airport in Seattle, Chicago and Madrid, and the entire first week of my pilgrimage, including the first ever witnessed sunrise in France. I was devastated for a few hours, then decided to let it go...I still can see that sunrise, that beautiful ancient chapel on the plateau above Estella. Not only can I still see those images, I can still feel the magic. I’m going back in two and a half months...

When we reached Santiago, I removed the memory card from my camera and put in a fresh one. I stored it and the one other card that had the photos of the first half of the Camino in a ziplock bag and tucked them into small interior pocket of my backpack. Imaging my dismay when our backpacks were stolen in Santiago a couple of days later (that's a long story in itself, but suffice it to say that we eventually recovered the backpacks and the photos), so I can relate to your feelings of loss. While I got all my photos back, I'm sure your story and mine are not uncommon. However, in the interim before our backpacks were returned to us, I discovered the generosity of many pilgrims who were willing to share their photos with me. So for those that have lost their photos for whatever reason, I'm sure your fellow peregrinos will share a few photos so you can at least put together a scrapbook or slideshow. While you or your Camino walking companions may not be in the photos you receive from others, it's amazing how many photos you can find that were taken from the exact same viewpoint. I would suggest, however, if you do this, be sure to credit the photos to the original photographer whether you assemble a scrapbook or slideshow.
Jim

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you for asking! End of July, 2008, Galicia, left side of the path, a flourishing bush of vibrant purple hydrangea nestled against a collapsing, gray, weathered building, just before a right curve and a few fenced in sheep.

My own camera was no longer working. My walking partner had stopped to take pictures of the sheep. Why didn't I just say "Let's walk back a bit"!

When we reached Santiago, I removed the memory card from my camera and put in a fresh one. I stored it and the one other card that had the photos of the first half of the Camino in a ziplock bag and tucked them into small interior pocket of my backpack. Imaging my dismay when our backpacks were stolen in Santiago a couple of days later (that's a long story in itself, but suffice it to say that we eventually recovered the backpacks and the photos), so I can relate to your feelings of loss. While I got all my photos back, I'm sure your story and mine are not uncommon. However, in the interim before our backpacks were returned to us, I discovered the generosity of many pilgrims who were willing to share their photos with me. So for those that have lost their photos for whatever reason, I'm sure your fellow peregrinos will share a few photos so you can at least put together a scrapbook or slideshow. While you or your Camino walking companions may not be in the photos you receive from others, it's amazing how many photos you can find that were taken from the exact same viewpoint. I would suggest, however, if you do this, be sure to credit the photos to the original photographer whether you assemble a scrapbook or slideshow.
Jim

Jim, you are absolutely correct about other pilgrims sharing photos...now I have some wonderful photos seen from a different perspective than mine and I value each and every one. Thank you Linda., FR. Jeffery and Pam.

Jim

I am so glad your backpack and memory cards were returned to you. I love happy endings!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
My husband lost his camera and all his photos of the whole Camino on our last day i. Santiago. Yes, other people did give us their photos, though that's never quite the same. However we now have a unique insight into the two police stations in Santiago! And. Ot having your own photos is a great spur to make tou go back! I took some photos myself and really wish I had got a good of the coal glowing in the botafumeiro as it swung..

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Hi all, I have access to data on arrivals of pilgrims to Santiago by day, country, age, gender, departure point, route, reason and means used. Based on this data, I am analysing it to develop a...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Im planning a November Frances Camino. I have an Altus rain coat that covers me and pack nicely but I’m wondering do I get a backpack cover and wear a hooded shell light jacket over heavier...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
Hi everyone! I'm planning to start on the Camino de Francés, then from Léon I will walk the Camino San Salvador, then the Camino Primitivo and maybe if I have time the Camino de Fisterra. My...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back