• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim Passport.

Walkingboy

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino France
Is there a special pilgrim passport for the Madrid or do you use the one from the resources area on this site?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
You are presuming that the church will be open when you arrive, and that they will have credencials available. In my experience, never presume - but verify in advance. And, always have a Plan B.

The recommendations in several posts above, to pre-purchase from Ivar (@CasaIvar) or from your national Camino friends association, are very good ideas. In the US, this is from www.americanpilgrims.org. In the UK it is from the Confraternity of St. James - https://www.csj.org.uk/.

You can find your national group - or ask here. Someone will give you the direct link.

In fact, it is likely that the credencial sold at Real Iglesia Santiago y San Juan Bautista in Madrid is the identical version sold by Ivar. Some national groups have their own style of credential which has been approved for use by the Pilgrim Office.

That said, most organizations and churches obtain their supplies in case quantities, from the Pilgrim Office at Santiago, just like Ivar does.

IMHO, it is preferable to already have your credencial - front inside cover completed as appropriate - to receive that first sello (rubber stamp). it makes the anticipation greater, at least in my view.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Is there a special pilgrim passport for the Madrid or do you use the one from the resources area on this site?
I had received one from this site and it’s gorgeous but I mine St Jean Pied de Port I received the option to get one from the Pilgrims Office and decided to use that one but tben I later bumped into someone who forgot to get a Passport so I gave her the one from Ivars.

There is an association of the Madrid Camino. Not sure if it’s opening times, but office centrally located. I used the guide by Johnny Walker, you can get that from the Co frat of St James London. Google it. It came quickly to Australia. Good luck

On an important (?) minor detail, how many (normal size) stamps will fit on the official credencial ?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
You can buy the same one that is for sale on this website - or you can order from a "confraternity" in your area. My credential from the US pilgrim association looks a little different than the one you buy on this website -but they both work just fine. Or you can pick one up when you arrive in Spain. The one sold here is the same that I have seen at pilgrim offices along the Camino and is the most commonly seen credential along the paths I walked. If you order from this website, it arrives pretty quickly - mine arrived from Spain to the US pretty quickly. Within 2 weeks I think. I have ordered twice from this website and once from the American pilgrim association.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.