• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrim rooms at San Martin Pinario in Santiago

aussieredhat

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (Nov 2007, October 2011 & May 2014) Portugese ( Sept 2016) Kumano Kodo (Sept 2018).
Pilgrim room Santiago

I have asked this on the forum and I haven’t got a clear answer.

some people are referring to what bookings they made last year.

I understand there was a lot of rain in December 2023

and there was water damage at the HOTEL and the roof of the pilgrims floor.

I’ve sent various messages and have had no response for many months.

I’m wondering if you know if they are taking bookings for the Pilgrim rooms which can only be done through Email or is the HOTEL still being renovated and cleaned up and they don’t have capacity to do the pilgrim rooms at the moment on the top floor

These are the details as a pilgrim room top floor can only be booked by email there is no online option
San Martín Pinario

Plaza de la Inmaculada,3

Santiago de Compostela · 15704 · Spain

Telf: +34 981 56 02 82
Fax: +34 981 55 85 52
info@sanmartinpinario.eu
The Hospedaría San Martiño Pinario
Regards Australia

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Pilgrim room Santiago

I’m wondering if you know if they are taking bookings for the Pilgrim rooms which can only be done through Email or is the HOTEL still being renovated and cleaned up and they don’t have capacity to do the pilgrim rooms at the moment on the top floor

These are the details as a pilgrim room top floor can only be booked by email there is no online option
San Martín Pinario.
Plaza de la Inmaculada,3

info@sanmartinpinario.eu
Regards Australia
I called them for a pilgrim room reservations this winter, but those particular rooms were undergoing a renovation at that time so my students and I got double rooms in the regular part of the hospederia. Still a bargain with a nice breakfast. We were there in January and there was no apparent water damage at that time.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I don't know whether this helps but:

There is something wrong with the link for San Martín Pinario in your post because it unfurls as http://www.hotelvelazquez.com

The current website of the Hospedería San Martín Pinario in Santiago de Compostela appears to be https://www.sanmartinpinario.es/ . The contact email that is listed on this website is reservas@sanmartinpinario.eu .
I have fixed the link in that post. The San Martín Pinario website also shows the info@ email address.

Screenshot_20240404_080118_Firefox.jpg

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have fixed the link in that post. The San Martín Pinario website also shows the info@ email address.
View attachment 167344
There appears to be something odd about these websites but I don't know what it is. I saw the old version today but I also see the newer version and fwiw it looks like this for me:

SMP.jpg

I think that there is some kind of difference between http and https urls but, anyway, it is only fwiw.

Last edited:
I stayed a couple of nights in February. We all got upgraded to the proper fancy hotel rooms, because the pilgrim ones were being renovated, but still only charged us pilgrim rates. My fellow pilgrims, who had entered Santiago for the first time were amazed.
I've always phoned a few days in advance to make a reservation and spoken in English. If it's your first time they will probably ask for your credit card number. Apparently I was already on the system from previous stays so they just took my name. And even though it had been a while, when I arrived my phone automatically found the wifi and the system remembered me without having to enter a password again. I felt like a member of the family!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I spent a number of nights there between Feb and late March, in a pilgrim’s room. Booked by email, asking for a solo pilgrim’s room. The reception staff were super responsive to my emails every time I mailed them.

My rooms were fine. Not as nice as the hotel rooms, but one’s not paying the same tariff, so…

Breakfast, as ever, is super.

Pilgrim room Santiago

San Martín Pinario

Plaza de la Inmaculada,3

info@sanmartinpinario.eu
Regards Australia
I was able to get a booking for this May, but not through the info@sanmartinpinario.eu address. You need to send your request to reservas@sanmartinpinario.eu. The response from this email was rapid, whereas the response from the "info" email was nonexistent.

Thank you @aussieredhat for asking this question. I had been checking what appears to be the San Martin Pinario's OLD website, and trying to contact them via the info@ email, with no answers.

I just emailed the reservas@sanmartinpinario.eu email and received a prompt, courteous, and efficient answer, which allowed me to book two nights in June! ^_^ So happy. Thanks.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.