• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Disappointing Experience at Hospedería San Martín Pinario

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
A "Tourigrino" trip once Covid has passed, so 2023
A dear friend arrived in Santiago last night and is staying over for Christmas. She was looking forward to her stay in the Hospedería San Martín Pinario but is saddened by what she found.

From our WhatsApp messages:

Friend: Installed in Martin Pinario for just 2 nights…. It really has not survived the pandemic well.

Me: Glad you made it OK. Heard they've had some flooding problems there. All part of life's adventures!

Friend: Where did you hear about flooding? I can see evidence of it in my room!

Me: Someone reported it last month I think it was. When the heavy storms were on. There was talk of sweeping water out through the ground floor.
Did you get your cuppa and a decent night's sleep?

Friend: No but an Albariño, suggested and poured by Fernando, my favourite waiter😂
Sleep didn’t come, legs cramps all night.
Breakfast so poor it’s sad. Nothing fresh, not ever my favourite bread!!!!.
Room was covered in black mould around windows, top of toilet tank, on ceiling , in corners. Looked like maybe they had a roof leak as well!
Room was not cleaned, debris under bed and floors needed a washing. Sadly it’s farewell to Pinario .
Damp, dank smell everywhere downstairs… hits you as you come in. Probably from floods but there are heaters, they’re just not very warm.

Me: are you going to stay there?

Friend: Tonight here. Move up street to Casa de Troya tomorrow until 27th.

Friend: Just moved down to 2nd floor for tonight. Now maybe I can have a shower in my mould free bathroom. Then to check out Christmas schedule for cathedral. Visit hopefully to Pilgrim Office. Seek out location of Xmas market. After dark look bc at lights. Check out Christmas meal options at Reis Catolicas.

Sad news indeed.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I wouldn't be so quick to write off the San Martin Pinario based just on your friend's experience alone.

They had a serious flood which they dealt with swiftly, but it's an old building and they are likely still dealing with the aftermath. It sounds like your friend was unlucky with her room, it might have been earmarked for renovation but was let out in error? (That happened to me there once, and they happily moved me) And she was allocated a better room the next night, right?

Really, the San Martin Pinario is outstanding value: a private room with bathroom, a huge choice for breakfast with all you can eat and the cathedral practically on your doorstep. Ok, it's not the Parador, but what can we expect for €27 in the epicentre of Santiago?

My own stay, quite recently was fine: Staff were courteous as ever, room was basic but clean as usual and breakfast was perfect.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
This reads like the roof leaked - no surprise given how old it was - and the top / pilgrim floor took the brunt of the rain damage. I am sure they will recover and return the Hospideria to it's former status.

If anyone has updates, please contribute to this thread.

Thanks

Tom

I stayed there on October 21st and 22nd this year when I arrived there. I heard it had rained a lot and that it was flooded but there were absolutely no signs of that when I went to the cafeteria nor in my bedroom which was located on the first floor.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I can`t understand this.
I stayed for 4 nights at the start of December and everything was top class.

This was my 5th time to stay there and it was the same as every other time. Walking in the door felt like returning home. Meeting some of the staff who have been there for years is always special.

I stayed there in mid-November. My room was on the top floor. There was some mould which did surprise me but not an egregious amount. It looked like it needed a really good clean. Overall the room was tidy and great value. The floods and rain make a lot of sense for what I saw. The breakfast was totally fine and I noticed no other issues. It was my first time there so I didn’t have any other expectations.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Note - the title of the thread has been changed from 'Sad news about the Hospedería San Martín Pinario'

When I saw the (original) title of the thread I thought "oh no, what can the 'sad news' be?" I thought perhaps they had decided to stop offering pilgrim rooms, or were closing indefinitely or something. But it turns out that it's simply one bad review of a particular room. Certainly not enough to dissuade me from staying there.

Last edited:
Here are pictures taken on Oct 18 of this year after acute flooding after several days of unrelenting rain. Swift action by the staff rapidly took care of the temporary flooding.
The Pilgrim individual rooms are refreshed, mold is killed and bathrooms painted every year around this time on a rotating basis. I agree you likely mistakenly were placed in a room that was awaiting sprucing up. The humidity in Santiago is legendary. I always leave some windows (double windows) open when I am there especially after showering. SMP fells like home to me too.

IMG_4591.jpeg

IMG_4592.jpeg

IMG_4642.jpeg

I have never stayed there, but will do next time in Santiago. I have read so much good about it, one negative will not bring me down.

Edit: Problems may occur, like the current after a cathastophic rain season in Galicia. I am sure owners will fix it, not least in their own interest, but give them a break, and time.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I would also like to say: Be careful writing bad reviews based on current (maybe unfortunate) situations: Try to see the positives. I am sure most/all services for pilgrims in Spain are being carefully maintained: It is in their own interest, as businesses. And it is is also in our interest as pilgrims, giving us multiple choices of places to stay. It is a win-win situation to take care of both sides.

Let us not act bad, but follow the Book: Do to others as you would want others to do unto you.
Toruists demand; pilgrims thank.

I've stayed eight times, all in pilgrim rooms on the 4th floor, all with lovely breakfasts...and I've eaten numerous meals there as well. It's an ancient building that was subjected to the doings of Mother Nature. I think that wonderful old piece of history , faith and pilgrims deserves a bit of grace. Seeing some of the photos posted here was heartbreaking more than deserving a poor review.
I'll stay again in June/July next year, if they'll have me :)

I was staying in San Martin at the time of the heavy rains. The water that flowed into the building came from the cloisters [the garden area] and was cleaned up when the rain eased. My room [No.445] was unaffected and I heard of no other rooms that had been impacted. Breakfast was as always, and the staff as pleasant as ever.

I have seen heavy rain in Santiago de Compostela quite a few times, but never as heavy as at that time. The landing where the bagpiper often plays was a torrent, and I waded through water up to my ankle bones, so. over the tops of my boots, on my way to dinner.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I stay there every year and I will again in 2024.
Living in Oregon gives me a bit of experience with heavy rain.
I'm sorry you were put in a room that was moldy and maybe the staff was too busy with the emergency there and in their own homes to bake fresh bread? Sounds like many places may have been in an emergency state.
At any rate, I'm pretty confident it will all have been corrected by May - time will tell.

And if anyone is eating there soon, give my regards to my favorite waiter, "Lucifer!" lol!

PS:
All the mattresses in the Peregrino floor will be brand new by early 2024, many have already been replaced.
The breakfast with its wide variety and wonderful pan Galego is wonderful. Try making cheese toast, just don’t place it in the conveyor like toaster. Nearly guilty once.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am staying there (for the first time) the 31st of December. Will report back.
Yes, my group will be there Jan 7 and 8 taking up 7 hospederia rooms so I will report on that, too.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. The OP's friend had a disappointing experience. I respect that. I have never stayed there either so I'm sure I'll get 11 other opinions about it while we are there, too.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Stayed in SMP earlier this month, long after the flooding. 4th floor, 2 different rooms. Old? Yes. Imperfect plumbing? Yes. Simple but abundant breakfast? Yes. No mold in either room. Room cleaned every day. Heat worked well. Reception staff incredibly kind. Lucifer lived up to his reputation. The coffee machines never ran out. The solitude in the small rooms was a gift, as were the conversations with other pilgrims at breakfast. I’m sorry your friend had a bad experience. I will happily stay there again.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Stayed in SMP earlier this month, long after the flooding. 4th floor, 2 different rooms. Old? Yes. Imperfect plumbing? Yes. Simple but abundant breakfast? Yes. No mold in either room. Room cleaned every day. Heat worked well. Reception staff incredibly kind. Lucifer lived up to his reputation. The coffee machines never ran out. The solitude in the small rooms was a gift, as were the conversations with other pilgrims at breakfast. I’m sorry your friend had a bad experience. I will happily stay there again.
We're just in love with Lucifer, the little scoundrel.
He's delighted us for years with his antics. lol!
I'm looking forward to seeing him again.

Yeah I'm definitely not writing off San Martin Pinario based on this, (though not to dismiss your friend's complaints). I've always delighted in the simply furnished pilgrim room, my own bathroom, the bountiful breakfast, as well as the lounge for afternoon coffee, cake or caña. Like another comment stated on this thread, San Martin feels like a home to me (along with Pilgrim House!)

I wonder, did they bring it to the hotel's attention, giving them a chance to rectify it? I once worked at a world famous hotel. I tell you, I learned some great "peopling" skills at that place....namely, if you're able to fix a problem or issue for a guest-make things right, they will tell 7 of their friends how fabulous their overall experience was. Whereas if they have a great time, no issues, they're less likely to tell people.

Also, what is this special bread they speak of, lol? Every time I stay there, I overdose on many bowls of glorious cornflakes and toast, then go back to bed...

Last edited:
A dear friend arrived in Santiago last night and is staying over for Christmas. She was looking forward to her stay in the Hospedería San Martín Pinario but is saddened by what she found.

From our WhatsApp messages:

Friend: Installed in Martin Pinario for just 2 nights…. It really has not survived the pandemic well.

Me: Glad you made it OK. Heard they've had some flooding problems there. All part of life's adventures!

Friend: Where did you hear about flooding? I can see evidence of it in my room!

Me: Someone reported it last month I think it was. When the heavy storms were on. There was talk of sweeping water out through the ground floor.
Did you get your cuppa and a decent night's sleep?

Friend: No but an Albariño, suggested and poured by Fernando, my favourite waiter😂
Sleep didn’t come, legs cramps all night.
Breakfast so poor it’s sad. Nothing fresh, not ever my favourite bread!!!!.
Room was covered in black mould around windows, top of toilet tank, on ceiling , in corners. Looked like maybe they had a roof leak as well!
Room was not cleaned, debris under bed and floors needed a washing. Sadly it’s farewell to Pinario .
Damp, dank smell everywhere downstairs… hits you as you come in. Probably from floods but there are heaters, they’re just not very warm.

Me: are you going to stay there?

Friend: Tonight here. Move up street to Casa de Troya tomorrow until 27th.

Friend: Just moved down to 2nd floor for tonight. Now maybe I can have a shower in my mould free bathroom. Then to check out Christmas schedule for cathedral. Visit hopefully to Pilgrim Office. Seek out location of Xmas market. After dark look bc at lights. Check out Christmas meal options at Reis Catolicas.

Sad news indeed.
Black mold can be seriously detrimental to ones health. I would not stay.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yeah I'm definitely not writing off San Martin Pinario based on this, (though not to dismiss your friend's complaints). I've always delighted in the simply furnished pilgrim room, my own bathroom, the bountiful breakfast, as well as the lounge for afternoon coffee, cake or caña. Like another comment stated on this thread, San Martin feels like a home to me (along with Pilgrim House!)

I wonder, did they bring it to the hotel's attention, giving them a chance to rectify it? I once worked at a world famous hotel. I tell you, I learned some great "peopling" skills at that place....namely, if you're able to fix a problem or issue for a guest-make things right, they will tell 7 of their friends how fabulous their overall experience was. Whereas if they have a great time, no issues, they're less likely to tell people.

Also, what is this special bread they speak of, lol? Every time I stay there, I overdose on many bowls of glorious cornflakes and toast, then go back to bed...
Yes, she complained and was moved to a clean room on the second floor.

I would point out that it's not the first time P has stayed there - she thinks it's the tenth visit over the past 22 years and has never been disappointed before. It has always been her "go to" for a place to stay when arriving in Santiago.

I'm sorry you were put in a room that was moldy and maybe the staff was too busy with the emergency there and in their own homes to bake fresh bread? Sounds like many places may have been in an emergency state.
At any rate, I'm pretty confident it will all have been corrected by May - time will tell.

And if anyone is eating there soon, give my regards to my favorite waiter, "Lucifer!" lol!
You must mean "living in WESTERN Oregon"... we rarely had/have heavy rains while growing up in Bend and Ontario. Now Eugene and Florence (my wife's home towns -- they get serious rains)... ah, how I don't miss those days at UofO. Buen Camino and Aloha

You must mean "living in WESTERN Oregon"... we rarely had/have heavy rains while growing up in Bend and Ontario. Now Eugene and Florence (my wife's home towns -- they get serious rains)... ah, how I don't miss those days at UofO. Buen Camino and Aloha
I live in Ontario and it is really wet here right now. ;-)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Greetings from San Martin Pinario! I am staying in room 402. It's my first stay so can't compare, but I have no complaints. Yes I notice some small damages here and there and there is a big spot on the toilet reservoir that looks like mold, but hey, this is staying in the old town of Santiago for 27 euros including breakfast. Would certainly come back.

IMG_20231231_222033.jpg

PS:
All the mattresses in the Peregrino floor will be brand new by early 2024, many have already been replaced.
The breakfast with its wide variety and wonderful pan Galego is wonderful. Try making cheese toast, just don’t place it in the conveyor like toaster. Nearly guilty once.
That's good to know. Thank you.

I was prepared for the spartan "decor' of the pilgrim room I had in October 2022. It definitely was old and, though basically surface clean, the floors (travertine perhaps) had decades of what I call "creeping crud" inching its way from the walls and now a foot into the room. No problem with all that. I've slept in many such antiquated places.

But what I could not bear up against was the mattress, with its decades-old metal coils struggling to pierce their way to freedom through the wafer thin ticking, and the whole contraption sloping at a cruel angle from side to side. I tried sleeping with my head at the foot, I tried flipping that sucker over, I wedged a towel underneath me - all to no avail, it was torturous.

At 3:00 am I'm on my phone securing alternative accommodation for the following night and donated back my paid second night on the pilgrim floor of San Martin Pinario.

Lucifer is my guy too! I first met him in 2014 he was tending the lounge in those years, then was waiting in the big dining hall for a year or two. He's back in the lounge... told me he lived at the monastery years ago, but now has an apartment and a girlfriend! LOL He's lovely. He's become part of the experience.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Lucifer is my guy too! I first met him in 2014 he was tending the lounge in those years, then was waiting in the big dining hall for a year or two. He's back in the lounge... told me he lived at the monastery years ago, but now has an apartment and a girlfriend! LOL He's lovely. He's become part of the experience.
We just love him!

Greetings from San Martin Pinario! I am staying in room 402. It's my first stay so can't compare, but I have no complaints. Yes I notice some small damages here and there and there is a big spot on the toilet reservoir that looks like mold, but hey, this is staying in the old town of Santiago for 27 euros including breakfast. Would certainly come back.

View attachment 161608
It’s pretty easy to get rid of mould (vinegar will kill it) so I think it really should have been taken care of. Whether the room rate is 15€, 27€ or 50€+ this isn’t something that a person doing the cleaning should have walked past…

But what I could not bear up against was the mattress, with its decades-old metal coils struggling to pierce their way to freedom through the wafer thin ticking, and the whole contraption sloping at a cruel angle from side to side. I tried sleeping with my head at the foot, I tried flipping that sucker over, I wedged a towel underneath me - all to no avail, it was torturous.

This was *exactly* my experience when I checked in to St. Martin Pinario in June 2022 - I wonder if we were in the same room? 😅 I, too, could deal with the lack of decor and the constantly running toilet and the not-quite-clean floors and even the bird poop-encrusted windowsill of my room, which meant that I couldn't open the window to get some air circulation. But that mattress! I couldn't even manage a short siesta nap on it, much less imagine what sleeping on it overnight would be like — and after weeks of suboptimal sleep in shared accommodations, I was looking forward to a long and comfortable night's rest.

So - back downstairs I went, barely a half hour after checking in, to humbly ask at reception whether any other rooms were available. Unfortunately, there were not. So I hopped on Booking.com and ended up spending a very comfortable two nights at Libredon just around the corner from the Cathedral instead. Hopefully whoever booked the room after I left had a stronger back and less delicate sensibilities than I did!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yes, my group will be there Jan 7 and 8 taking up 7 hospederia rooms so I will report on that, too.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. The OP's friend had a disappointing experience. I respect that. I have never stayed there either so I'm sure I'll get 11 other opinions about it while we are there, too.
Please update with reply to keep the thread topic up to date

Asking if anyone has had a reply for an advance booking a pilgrim room in 2024

I know to email request & have done twice with no reply .
& do understand festive holiday season.

My next option is to contact Hospedería San Martín Pinario. by telephone

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It’s pretty easy to get rid of mould (vinegar will kill it) so I think it really should have been taken care of. Whether the room rate is 15€, 27€ or 50€+ this isn’t something that a person doing the cleaning should have walked past…
I am not sure if it was mold

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I already posted a report. It's all definitely old and sometimes damaged, but I thought it was all great for staying right next to the cathedral for €27 including breakfast.
Thank you

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Asking if anyone has had a reply for an advance booking a pilgrim room in 2024

I know to email request & have done twice with no reply .
& do understand festive holiday season.

My next option is to contact Hospedería San Martín Pinario. by telephone
In past years San Martín Pinario has responded promptly to my email. Last June I emailed and received no response, so I called and was able to get a room, as were my three walking companions.

Hi all,
Just checked into 6 rooms here. Lovely, simple. Price is good a double in the regular room is 59.90 and includes breakfast. A single was 43.64. Pilgrim rooms were not available, but I felt the central location and inclusion of breakfast was worth it for our students. No mold in my room.

20240107_150356.jpg

20240107_150415.jpg

20240107_150351.jpg

I received a room quote by email (very fast response!) They are asking for a credit card number to confirm - is there another way to securely send this info rather than by email?

I received a room quote by email (very fast response!) They are asking for a credit card number to confirm - is there another way to securely send this info rather than by email?

I would ask the hotel that very question. Or if possible, are they reachable by WhatsApp?

€46,-
I received a reply - no WhatsApp, only via email or call. I guess I can call through WhatsApp, right? (I haven't made an international call through WhatsApp before).
I don't think that they use WhatsApp. I send them my CC info via email.

There is some risk in sending CC numbers via email. I have a friend whose CC was used for about $4,000 of purchases before the fraud was identified, and she had just sent her CC numbers via email. Could be coincidence, but maybe not.

I recently made a reservation for May and called on the phone to give my CC info. I have a phone card that gives me cheap international calls, though the rates to Spain went way up last year - now it’s 25 cents a minute instead of the previous 3 cents. But the convenience is worth it for me, and I’ve been just too lazy to hunt around for a cheaper price. I seem to remember that @trecile has a cheap way of making international calls, but I think it may be VOIP and I like to have the card available on my phone at all times.

Quick update - just did a quick google search and this was the card that popped to the top. These are the rates I used to get, so cheaper rates are still out there. Time to change when my card balance is depleted!
IMG_1783.png

There is some risk in sending CC numbers via email. I have a friend whose CC was used for about $4,000 of purchases before the fraud was identified, and she had just sent her CC numbers via email. Could be coincidence, but maybe not.

I recently made a reservation for May and called on the phone to give my CC info. I have a phone card that gives me cheap international calls, though the rates to Spain went way up last year - now it’s 25 cents a minute instead of the previous 3 cents. But the convenience is worth it for me, and I’ve been just too lazy to hunt around for a cheaper price. I seem to remember that @trecile has a cheap way of making international calls, but I think it may be VOIP and I like to have the card available on my phone at all times.

Quick update - just did a quick google search and this was the card that popped to the top. These are the rates I used to get, so cheaper rates are still out there. Time to change when my card balance is depleted!
That mytello is interesting! Thank you for posting!

Laurie (and other US residents), you should look at getting a free second phone number from Google Voice. Besides a number of advantages for domestic use you can make cheap calls between countries. Recently I described it in more detail here:

I just sent my cc by email today and got an immediate reservation confirmation (45 Euros per person including breakfast). Crossing my fingers and praying that my CC# and other info don't get into the wrong hands.

On the positive site, I'm thrilled that I got a room for 2 nights. I was lucky to get a room at the last minute 6 years ago and had a nice experience in this historic building. Like most folks are saying, the rooms are basic, but clean and convenient.

I recently made a reservation for May and called on the phone to give my CC info. I have a phone card that gives me cheap international calls, though the rates to Spain went way up last year - now it’s 25 cents a minute instead of the previous 3 cents. But the convenience is worth it for me, and I’ve been just too lazy to hunt around for a cheaper price. I seem to remember that @trecile has a cheap way of making international calls, but I think it may be VOIP and I like to have the card available on my phone at all times
I use Viber with "Viber Out" credits. Calls to and from Spain are less than 2¢ a minute when I buy $4.99 worth of Viber Out credits. It's available on my phone at all times.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
PS:

This was good to read, as the poor mattress quality after walking for five weeks was the main reason I cancelled my reservation after arriving at SMP in 2022 (my room was transferred to another pilgrim I had been walking with.)

Based on this intel + all the continued glowing recommendations here, I decided to give it another chance and made reservation to stay at SMP when I finish my upcoming Camino in June - my email inquiry to reservas@sanmartinpinario.eu was promptly responded to within a day or two. If anyone who stays in the pilgrim rooms between now and then can report on whether the mattresses have indeed been swapped out for more comfortable ones, it would be greatly appreciated!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I slept a total of 8 nights there in a pilgrim’s room over the course of 5 weeks Feb and March, and I’m still alive to tell the tale :)

Seriously though, although I’m always happy to return home to the most comfortable bed in the world™, I’m perfectly happy sleeping on mattresses in dorms across a plethora of albergues on camino. So the pilgrim rooms’ mattresses were fine as far as I’m concerned.

I stayed there again recently, in March for 3 days on the pilgrim floor and it was definitely up to standard. ❤️❤️. (Clean, comfortable, great position central to the cathedral , friendly staff, great value - now 29€ per single incl that wonderful breakfast ). I always hope to get a positive response when emailing for availability. Sometimes it’s not available / ie fully booked ., but it’s always my ‘go to’ - I’ve stayed many times since 2013.

Edit : I was looking forward to seeing Lucifer there again, but he was on holidays !! He is such a character and makes everyone feel special.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking forward to seeing Lucifer there again, but he was on holidays !! He is such a character and makes everyone feel special.
I have stayed there many times but I don't know who Lucifer is!!! Maybe he is the one who managed to get me chips when there were none on the menu :) Loved that man!

I have stayed there many times but I don't know who Lucifer is!!! Maybe he is the one who managed to get me chips when there were none on the menu :) Loved that man!
A pic from late October 2023. As usual in pics my eyes are closed … Lucifer is standing beside me. In front are my 3 raucous Irish friends. I won’t name two others tho (privacy ). Peregrino behind and happy peregrina wearing glasses …. Both of the un named are forum members. 🤗❤️
Note / we stayed there twice as that pic was after walking the invierno with 2 other friends & before walking the portugués espiritual with 3 Irish amigos. - we returned to SMP in November.

Attachments

• IMG_1735.png
    IMG_1735.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I was looking forward to seeing Lucifer there again, but he was on holidays !!
While you were out with your 3 Irish buddies that evening Lucifer was feeding Alison and me with yummy chocolates, free with our gin and tonics 🤣.

A pic from late October 2023. As usual in pics my eyes are closed … Lucifer is standing beside me. In front are my 3 raucous Irish friends. I won’t name two others tho (privacy ). Peregrino behind and happy peregrina wearing glasses …. Both of the un named are forum members. 🤗❤️
Note / we stayed there twice as that pic was after walking the invierno with 2 other friends & before walking the portugués espiritual with 3 Irish amigos. - we returned to SMP in November.
OH I just LOVE that man!

He is HILARIOUS and such a joy!

I think his real name is Luke. lol!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Ohhhh so that’s Lucifer :)

Yes, I recognise him

Oh thank you! What a lovely pic!
No, I have no idea, but I’m going again this year and if I’m fortunate enough to stay there again, I will keep a look out for him :)
I’ll know him when I see him 😎

€149,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.