• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrimage in April 2008 from St Jean

Arn

Veteran Member
Hi,

I'm on schedule for an April pilgrimage beginning at St Jean Pied de Port and concluding in mid- to late May. I have much to be penitent about and look forward to the opportunity walking the Camino presents. I'm 62 y.o., have been on many long distance road adventures over the years and in many countries around the world: Scotland, South Africa, Pakistan, Japan, to name a few. In 1996 I thru hiked the Appalachian Trail in the US covering the 2164 miles in five months and four days. The Camino will be different. I'm not in a hurry, just determined!

Buen Camino
Arn

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello Arn,

I'll be starting my walk on April 12th from St Jean, and will conclude in mid-May, just like you. Perhaps we'll meet somewhere on the road.

It seems like you have a lot of experience in long distance walking. The Appalachian trail seems tough.

Hope to see you on the road, and buen camino
Hilda

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hilda and John,

I've known about the Camino for nearly 40 years. My introduction was by from a lady who came to the US Embassy in Paris enroute London. Apparently she and her folks had a misunderstanding and her way of sorting it out was to go off to Europe on a walk-a-bout. She said that the Camino had straightened out her head and I was so impressed I vowed to walk it myself. I've reworked an old adage to fit my situation: "I pray hard and I play hard". Well maybe not as hard as I once did!

Hilda, I notice the Sweden Flag! In one of my many trips, I was assigned to the Norwegian Guard Company in Kirkeness, Norway and, on several occasions we hosted and were hosted by the Swedish Lapplands Jägarregemente, unofficially of course! Needless to say, we walked a good bit in both beautiful heavily wooded and heavily snow storm covered areas.

I hope to see you along the Milky Way!

Buen Camino
Arn

Most read last week in this forum

Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello fellow peregrines, I’m Davide , a 30,yrs old Italian guy from Barcelona ! I was always fascinated by the Camino de Santiago and my eyes got lucent when a day to the pueblo español I saw...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back