A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Pilgrims [Documentary - Camino de Santiago] - - With a guy named David, and his first aid trolley thingy

• Thread starter Deleted member 67185
  • Start date

David

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Moissac to Santiago Spring 2005 was the first foray.
The journalist, Alexandre, was a really lovely young man and we met over a few days .... I met many pilgrims in the film but I so wish I had met the sad man who had lost his eldest son, Daniel, to cancer.

This is the only Camino film I have seen that has managed to capture the vastness and beauty of the landscape as well as the misty closeness of it, mirrored by the human journeys within it.

A beautiful film - though I blushed a little to see myself - I wasn't expecting that!!

Leaving me out of it I would recommend it to everyone - is quite beautiful .. but beware, it induces severe longings to be out there!!

Alexandre's Dad (they are Brazilian) had promised him when he was 5 that they would walk Camino together. Alexandre did his filming up to Logrono mainly as he met his Dad there and they walked on together, fulfilling that family promise. xx

Last edited:

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Camino(s) past & future
CF - sections and whole (2012-2019) and part VF (2017)
This was such a gently joyous film and to see David interviewed was wonderful - people watching this documentary cannot fail to capture the spirit of the Camino and the pilgrim community.
Stay safe and well -
Cheers from Oz -
Jenny

JennyH94

Pilgrim in progress
Camino(s) past & future
CF - sections and whole (2012-2019) and part VF (2017)
Hello Everybody!

This is Alex, the journalist who made the documentary. David sent me the link to the forum.

I would like to thank everyone for sparing the time to watch the film, and for all the kind words.

Buen Camino, my friends!
Hi Alex - it’s wonderful to see you on the Forum! Congratulations on your beautiful film.

I’ve posted the link to your film on the Pilgrims in Sydney facebook page. Our members will enjoy your film very much - you’re taking us to the Camino when we can’t be there in person.

I hope Forum members who are members of pilgrim associations around the world will also post the link to the film on their local association facebook page. Your gentle and joyous film needs to be shared far and wide amongst our global pilgrim community - the gentleness, joyousness and goodwill so evident in the film will be a balm to us all in these strange and difficult times.

Best wishes from Oz -
Jenny

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
This is Alex, the journalist who made the documentary. David sent me the link to the foru
Alex, I just spent an hour, transported to the camino by your wonderful film. Then I was blown away, seeing in the credits that it was done as an undergraduate thesis. Seriously? Just...wow.
You have a gift...this was beautifully done.
Thank you for sharing it with a of us.

Camino(s) past & future
somewhere between "not enough" and "way too many"
Hello Everybody!

This is Alex, the journalist who made the documentary. David sent me the link to the forum.

I would like to thank everyone for sparing the time to watch the film, and for all the kind words.

Buen Camino, my friends!
Alex - This is simply masterful! Thank you! .....and Bravo!

B

Roz.K

Camino(s) past & future
Coastal Camino Portugues (2019)
Thank you so much Alex & David for this wonderful experience. I have just watched your doco, with tears in my eyes and a definite yearning/ wunderlust to walk another Camino. Hopefully, soon, I will be able to embark on another journey of exploration, peace and love. Well done to all the travellers involved in the film.

pmw

Camino(s) past & future
2004 & 2005 Camino Frances and Finisterre. 2013 via de la plata
2014 del Norte, Ingles, Finisterre
Thankyou for this film, - I too usually ignore all the many personal films but this one was superb!
You truly captured the atmosphere and the experience......ooooh when I Can I start again?!

Theatregal

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
So far...
2012 ~ 2019
@Alexandre Amaral Your film is beautifully shot, edited and scored. So lovely in it's humanness and it shows the diversity in feeling and thought of the wonderful pilgrims you met and talked with. Thank you so much.

@David - I knew of course of your service in caring for pilgrims - it was special to see you out there with your first aid cart and multi-translated sign :) I was very moved by your thoughts and contribution as I was by all of the people in the film. So, thank you as well.

As @JennyH94 said so perfectly, the film is "a balm to us all in these strange and difficult times."

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Camino(s) past & future
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
Just watched this, and was about to post a link to it myself, but you beat me to it Dave ...

It has a deceptive simplicity to it that's rather pleasant. Ideally watched on an ultrawide gaming monitor ...

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 323 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 94 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 369 28.6%
  • October

Votes: 154 11.9%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock