• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrims Passport in Baiona, Portugal?

Kmonty

Time of past OR future Camino
May
Is it possible to get a pilgrims passport in Baiona? That’s where is am starting from.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Is it possible to get a pilgrims passport in Baiona? That’s where is am starting from.
Probably not. The Albergue doesn’t appear to sell credencials.
Depending on your time schedule you could purchase one from Ivar’s shop by post. Or, depending on your entrance point to Iberia obtain one in Santiago or Porto.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Probably not. The Albergue doesn’t appear to sell credencials.
Depending on your time schedule you could purchase one from Ivar’s shop by post. Or, depending on your entrance point to Iberia obtain one in Santiago or Porto.
Tinca-- Hmm-- given that the Portuguese Central Route gets more foot traffic than the Coastal Route, is it safe to assume that one could find credentials at Valenca do Minho or Tui? And if not at either of those albergues, perhaps in or around the cathedral at Tui??

According to Gronze.com, the Albergue de Peregrinos Sāo Teotónio issues credentials.

On the Gronze site look for
"Expedin la credencial" under "Servicios y equipamiento."

Screenshot_20230412_222338_Firefox.jpg

Gronze says that the albergue in Tui doesn't issue credentials, but they are at the cathedral.

Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you can. We started in Baiona last year. We got them in an albergue. I can't think of the name but will try and find it
Hi Tony, would you please share the place in Baiona where to get a pilgrims passport? I should start the walk from Baiona Monday the 24th or the next day. Many thanks Niko

Not a big deal, but Baiona, though it is on the Camino Portugués, is actually in Spain. Not to be confused with Baiona/Bayonne in France! None in Portugal that I know of. ;)

Beautiful little place with lots of great places to eat seafood if you are a fan.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Tony, would you please share the place in Baiona where to get a pilgrims passport? I should start the walk from Baiona Monday the 24th or the next day. Many thanks Niko
We bought our pilgrim passport at Albergue Estela Do Mar, in Baiona. That was September 2023

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back