• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pilgrims to record an audio diary?

mhanley

Hello,
I am a producer for a public radio program on religion, spirituality, etc. I am interested in creating a piece on various pilgrimages to holy sites around the world and would like to find someone willing to record an audio diary as they progress along the route. This would involve carrying a small recorder that I would provide, but there would be no payment. Please let me know if you are interested. I will be traveling to Santiago around the first week of April and could rendezvous, if necessary.

Thanks,
Mitch Hanley

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Mitch.
I would gladly record an audio diary for you but, sadly, we will not be walking the camino this year. Like many other pilgrims, we long to repeat the experience and deepen the learning from it. Perhaps next year on the Via de la Plata!

I hope you will ask several pilgrims in the "Class of 2008" to record their feelings/observations for your project. There is a range of reactions that pilgrims from different backgrounds/countries/continents have to their journey, and your work will be the richer for it.

It is without question a transformative experience, and on the way last year I was amazed to see the changes in fellow pilgrims, over time and distance on the camino. (I may have changed a bit myself). The camino starts long before the walking begins and it continues long after the walking is complete.

Good luck with your project. I enjoyed your work on A Prairie Home Companion, which is the best darned radio show since Jean Shepherd gave it up!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hace dos días falleció a los 78 años Pepe Puertas "el peregrino de La Rioja" Todos los años en Julio hacía el camino francés completo para llegar a Compostela el 25 de Julio. Año tras año durante...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back