• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Planning My Camino Aug/Sept 2015 : )

Catherine Marie

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago, Summer of 2015
I am planning to experience my first Camino de Santiago in Aug/Sept 2015 ... the specific starting date of my journey is flexible. I will be travelling solo and I am interested in sharing correspondence with others whom are planning their Camino journey around this time as I think it would be wonderful to perhaps meet in St. Jean Pied de Port and share the beginning of our respective Camino journey together. If interested, know I welcome the opportunity to connect with you.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I start in April 2015 , but I wish you happy planning and a Buen Camino .
Thank you, Peter! : ) Having only recently became aware of the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage, I have been reading numerous books written by those whom have shared their personal and intimate experiences about their Camino journey, as well as reading Camino blogs and forums which is so very helpful in planning my first Camino! I confess, however, at times it seems a little over whelming as there is so much to prepare for; what type of hiking gear and equipment to purchase, transportation routes, etc. I am so excited and looking forward to my first Camino journey ... of which I am sure, will not be my last. Buen Camino, Peter! : )

Hi,
Why that start date?
Much open and easy to accommodate.
Arn
Hello Arn. I'm planning to start my Camino sometime in August (although I have thought about starting my Camino at the end of June when the school year will be finished but feel the weather may be a bit too hot for the long trek at this time of the year and throughout the month of July). Although having read posts by others whom have walked the Camino in the month of September, it can be quite hot during this month as well.

Hello Arn. I'm planning to start my Camino sometime in August (although I have thought about starting my Camino at the end of June when the school year will be finished but feel the weather may be a bit too hot for the long trek at this time of the year and throughout the month of July). Although having read posts by others whom have walked the Camino in the month of September, it can be quite hot during this month as well.
My first Camino was July-August and my second was June-July. Not too hot at all for either Camino. I loved being able to wear just shorts and a t-shirt everyday for my walk. The weather varies slightly from one end of the Camino Frances to the other. Some mornings and evenings it was chilly, but warmed up nicely by noon and the really warm part of the day seemed to be after 3:00 pm and by then I was finished walking for the day anyway. Lightweight, breathable clothing, a hat for the sun, sunscreen and lots of water. No problem. I thought the weather was beautiful. Way more enjoyable than an early spring Camino where one could freeze their arse off and you have to carry extra clothes, etc.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I am planning to experience my first Camino de Santiago in Aug/Sept 2015 ... the specific starting date of my journey is flexible. I will be travelling solo and I am interested in sharing correspondence with others whom are planning their Camino journey around this time as I think it would be wonderful to perhaps meet in St. Jean Pied de Port and share the beginning of our respective Camino journey together. If interested, know I welcome the opportunity to connect with you.

Hi Catherine,

I'm also planning on walking in Aug/Sept 2015 and will be travelling solo, I'm leaving UK around the 3rd August. I walked from a Logrono to Burgos in Aug 2014 with my mother and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. This time I will be walking from SJPDP to Santiago or even maybe to Finistere. Although it was hot last August, I found some mornings were chilly enough to need to wear a fleece. It was much nicer being able to walk in just shorts and t shirts so I didn't need to carry too many clothes.

Burn Camino

Becky x

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning! My name is Samantha, and I am planning my first camino for May 2025. I am a bit overwhelmed trying to make a list of everything I need to have planned prior to starting. Does anyone...
Hello! I will start my first Camino at the beginning of June 2024 and plan to start my month-long journey from Bilbao walking roughly 2 weeks on Camino Del Norte and then switching to Camino Del...
Hi all, last year I done the camino portuguese with my two daughters last year but this year I'm doing the camino frances solo. I fly into Bizarrtz on 26th July and plan to start the following...
As a new member of the forum who has been reading clandestinely for the past three months or so, I have to say how much I enjoy the entries--not simply for the collective wisdom from all of you...
Greetings to all. I posted a few days ago stating that I will begin my first Camino in St. Jean-pied-de-Port on 29 August and that I will take it slow and steady to Santiago de Compostela...
Taking my youngest daughter on a short section from Astorga to Santiago starting June 9... Please pray for us!!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back