• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Poles at Pilgrim’s House

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The only problem with the wonderful Pilgrim House is that most pilgrims are ending their Camino in Santiago; not usually starting from there unless they plan to begin walking the "circuit" to Finesterre and on on to Muxia or vice versa.
I'm not sure Pilgrim House has a way to get donated poles to SJPdP or Pamplona, unless I've missed seeing threads on the subject.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The only problem with the wonderful Pilgrim House is that most pilgrims are ending their Camino in Santiago; not usually starting from there unless they plan to begin walking the "circuit" to Finesterre and on on to Muxia or vice versa.
I'm not sure Pilgrim House has a way to get donated poles to SJPdP or Pamplona, unless I've missed seeing threads on the subject.
They don’t have a way to get them further, but I think many of the pilgrims who walk Sarria or Tui or Ferrol (that is, the 100km towns) to Santiago first fly to Santiago and then take a bus or taxi to their starting points since they are so close. That was certainly the case for me.

Got replacecment poles at Pilgrim House when going to Ferrol to walk the Inglis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Chrissy,
Yeah, unless someone is going all the way to SJPDP and is willing to drive them out there, there's no way for us to get them there. (Plus there's the consideration that we don't want to harm any local businesses in St Jean who rely on selling poles to pilgrims just starting out.)

But there are many folks who arrive in Santiago before their Camino and can use poles, and we have plenty!

Broken poles or those in bad condition get recycled at the local recycling plant.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
I'm sure this info has already been shared, but here's an update: the Tuna are still working their magic under the arches in the Praza Obradoiro (facing the catehdral) in the evenings. I was there...
Mods: please move this thread to wherever it belongs and/or give me links to threads about this. Thanks! I will be in Santiago on Apr. 28-30. Usually I have stayed at zthe Last Stamp, but they...
I plan on arriving in SDC on July 23, and stay a day or two. How feasible is it that I will be able to get a seat for the 10:00 Mass on the Feast Day, the 25th? Am I better off attending a...
Hello, What time does the office close in Santiago today? The website lists different times in different places.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back