Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Polideportivo in A Rua

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
Is this still operating? Thanks

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Bumping this question....the Wise Pilgrim app indicates pilgrims can stay in the polideportivo in A Rua de Valeorras, but it is not mentioned on Gronze. Does anyone have any on-the-ground info?

Nothing on the ground that's any help, but just the general picture. A Rua is a bigish place, with a pension (Fabio) a hostal (Niza), and at least two more flash places to stay. So the polideportivo? Hmm, somehow I doubt that would be an option. Albergue Casa Da Soliana is sadly no longer operating but Asun is still there. One option would be to send a query PM to both @wisepilgrim and @Charrito , both of whom will have a sense of things there currently.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
And to add this:
I am walking just now and i thought you might like to know that i met María Asunción today - well she spotted me in the church square and insisted on bringing me to the info point (her house) to give me info, sellos, help and advice - and a coffee! She seemed well, using a mobility scooter/wheelchair to get around the streets.
She mentioned that she doesn't provide accommodation anymore unless emergency but keen to help and welcome pilgrims. She seemed hopeful of a new municipal albergue - she mentioned a meeting at the end of the month where agreements would be signed.
If you found a way to contact Asun (old-fashioned mail?), no doubt she'd be happy to let you know what's up.

Thanks @VNwalking ... some good suggestions there. I am in the delightful "predicament" of having booked a longer-than-originally-planned camino for next year....to keep the Chief Financial Advisor on the home front happy, I'm trying to choose cheaper accommodation options where they exist (municipals, and polideportivos fit the bill!) Will also be useful information for anyone on a tight budget.

The polideportivo was the place people slept in A Rúa before Asún opened her house. When she stopped taking in people, the polideportivo was opened up again. I remember that the last time I was in A Rúa, I walked down to the polideportivo and got the information I posted on this thread.It might be worth contacting Gronze (there is a contact button on their page) to ask why they don’t list it anymore. Maybe it closed again after it re-opened, but I haven’t heard anything about that.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Folks can anyone advise about the ease. or lack of ease. of pack transport along the Invierno route? Many Thanks Michael.
We’re scoping out accommodation on the Invierno, and @C clearly noticed that Pensión As Viñas is on booking. There is an annotation “new to booking.” Many of us stayed there before the albergue...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back