Search 62305 Camino Questions

Ponferrada to Santiago

Hi, we are flying into Santiago on 14/06/06 , but want to start walking from Ponferrada back to Santiago. Is there a regular bus service or train service from Santiago to Ponferrada does anyone know?

Many thanks Carol & Alan

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there,

You could take the ALSA bus, I just checked the schedule (online at http://www.alsa.es , click "English" top right corner)...

... and found:

SANTIAGO COMPOSTELA - PONFERRADA , 16/06/2006
DEPARTURE - Arrival
08:00 12:00
09:00 12:30
10:00 14:15
14:00 17:30
21:30 01:30

.. bus leaving at the bus station in Santiago. I am not sure if there is a train, but you could check at http://www.renfe.es if you want, but I would go for the bus.

Buen camino!

Ivar

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Me again,

I just realized that the time schedule that I posted above is for the 16th and you are going on the 14th. Make sure you check the schedule for the 14th on their website, most likely it is the same but you never know.

Buen camino,
Ivar

Most read last week in this forum

Can you take the train all the way? Any suggestions for booking? Traveling on 6/6/23.
My husband is leaving at Logrono and I will continue on to Santiago. I will fly him out of BIO on June 16th +|- . I am pretty good at sleuthing the best route but I am wondering if there are...
I arrive in SJPDP early on May 1. Planning to hike up to Orrison and return to SJPDP where I have reservations that night. Next day want to get transportation up to Orrison where I’ll continue...
The Spanish health minister has just announced that from Wednesday the 8th of February, face masks will no longer be mandatory on public transport! With the exception of hospitals and Pharmacies...
Just a heads up for those traveling to/from/through Lisbon this summer: the Catholic Youth Day is scheduled for July 30-August 8, 2023 there. Expect hundreds of thousands of youths there that week...
Hey you, Are you planning to walk Camino Francés on this spring? Me too, yay!! 🤩 Wanna chare a taxi with me from Pamplona to SJPDP? I'm gonna be in Pamplona probably in mid March, hopefully...

How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2023 Camino Guides