Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Portillo on the C Baztan

henrythedog

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
X
Michael Portillo’s new series ‘Pyrenees’ has him on part of the Baztan in episode 1. Available on ‘catch up’ in the UK. Unusually, he’s not on a train.

(For the non-Brits; Michael Portillo is an ex politician and a virtual institution in the UK. Or should be in an institution, depending on your point of view; and has made a never-ending series of train travel programmes. He’s half Spanish and his father left Spain in a hurry after the guerra civil. It’s a good programme, IMHO)

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

NualaOC

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
A few and hopefully lots more. See signature.
I watched this and enjoyed it a lot. It's a good series and it was nice to virtually revisit the Baztan. I think there's a marmite 'love it or hate it' thing around Portillo - I'm unashamedly in the fan zone.

His gear choices are interesting as always, but his Basque walking pole is very cool!

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides