• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Porto to Santiago de Compostela Coastal Route PDF request

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Could somebody direct me to get the PDFs of the Coastal Route / stages and the albergues at each stage?
Thank you
It's not a PDF, but the Gronze website is excellent for stages and albergues. There are also a number of guide books and apps with this information.

Gronze is only in Spanish, but if you use the Chrome browser it will automatically translate to English or the language of your choice.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Here are the documents with the daily distances we walked on this route and our lodging along the way. In March most of the albergues were closed so we had to use mostly private accommodations. Not sure if this will help you plan your days:)
Buen camino!

Attachments

• Camino Portugués de la Costa - Daily Distance.pdf
    361.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Camino de Santiago - Portuguese Coastal.pdf
    324.2 KB · Views: 76
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you very much -- Everybody. I am set to go to Lisbon on March 15, 2022; will take the train to Porto; start walking on March 20 - Are the public/municipal albergues open now ? Is it possible to call on the day of arrival at that stage and ask whether the albergues are open ?
How far should I book the private albergues / hostel ? - I do not want to book too far ahead - thinking what if I cannot make it in time for the next stage.
I will be flying back to Munich from Santiago de Compostela SCQ on April 5.
Is it okay if I take the bus from one stage to another stage - if I am walking late - because of getting lost!.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
Yes, you can certainly call on the same day, and I wouldn't worry about not finding accommodations along the way - even if you haven't reserved ahead of time, there are plenty of options. Taking a bus to move from one stage to another is very easy because public transportation is readily available:)
May you have a buen camino and fair weather on your travels!

Thank you very much -- Everybody. I am set to go to Lisbon on March 15, 2022; will take the train to Porto; start walking on March 20 - Are the public/municipal albergues open now ? Is it possible to call on the day of arrival at that stage and ask whether the albergues are open ?
How far should I book the private albergues / hostel ? - I do not want to book too far ahead - thinking what if I cannot make it in time for the next stage.
I will be flying back to Munich from Santiago de Compostela SCQ on April 5.
Is it okay if I take the bus from one stage to another stage - if I am walking late - because of getting lost!.
Hope to see you there we arrive March 20! Not sure where we are staying as husband has a friend in Porto, if you want to keep in touch, let me know!

Hope to see you there we arrive March 20! Not sure where we are staying as husband has a friend in Porto, if you want to keep in touch, let me know!
Maybe seeing you in Santiago, being voluntairy for the AAC in Santiago from 29th of March to 12th of April coming.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Could somebody direct me to get the PDFs of the Coastal Route / stages and the albergues at each stage?
Thank you
You could buy the very handy book Camino Portugues from John Brearley at Ivar’s webshop here on the forum.
all maps and info about lodging along the entire route.
the book easily fits in your backpack and is not heavy. Very compact

Thank you
My wife & I completed the Coastal Route last summer and we started along the river from the Porto Cathedral and headed north at the Atlantic Ocean where you’ll start seeing “The Camino Shells.” I used the map feature at Booking.com and Air B&B to decide on the price, location and distance of each accommodation along the way. Bom Camino…

Attachments

• 36D8557C-4E1C-45EE-8D9B-CCA7D20EA4DF.jpeg
    36D8557C-4E1C-45EE-8D9B-CCA7D20EA4DF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 17F89567-4676-4510-9A63-DA267320E156.jpeg
    17F89567-4676-4510-9A63-DA267320E156.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 14

Most read last week in this forum

Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...
Will be doing hopefully my first of many Camino journeys leaving out of Porto December 29. From what I can tell, highs in 50’s to 60’s F and possibly some but not a lot of moisture with no snow...
Another wonderful walking day! Definitely feeling it in my legs today- a few more stretch breaks needed! And lots of wonderful places to take them! Theme for the day boardwalks! Received a few...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back