• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Portugues : Best guide book

Gillyweb

Time of past OR future Camino
Villafranca - Santiago (2013)
SJPP - Santiago (2014)
Portugues (2017)
Hi all. What in your opinions is/are the best guidebook(s) for the Portugues COASTAL - possibly including the Senda Litoral. I used Brierly when I did the start of the coastal from Porto then moved inland to the central, and as I recall info on the coastal was limited in Brierley. Is there a better, more detailed coastal guide ?

I quite like Wise Pilgrim but it wasn’t too helpful when swopping routes whereas the Brierley maps were.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I am in the process of planning our coastal route starting in Porto and I have bought several books including the 2018 Brierley. The book that I have found most helpful in the way it is formatted and the information it provides is the Village to Village map guide: Camino Portugues: Lisbon-Porto-Santiago, Central and Coastal Routes by Matthew Harms. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1947474022/?tag=casaivar02-20

I am in the process of planning our coastal route starting in Porto and I have bought several books including the 2018 Brierley. The book that I have found most helpful in the way it is formatted and the information it provides is the Village to Village map guide: Camino Portugues: Lisbon-Porto-Santiago, Central and Coastal Routes by Matthew Harms. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1947474022/?tag=casaivar02-20
One advantage for me of the Village to Village guides over the Brierley is that they are also available in Kindle version so I can take them on my phone with no additional weight. You can do that with the Brierley maps, too, but I like having the full guidebook.

Most read last week in this forum

Dear people, In April, we will cycle from Seville to Santiago de Compostella on our recumbent tandem. It will be our first time cycling a camino and we are really looking forward to it. After...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back