• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Postage cost to Santiago from Porto

imac

Time of past OR future Camino
April 24
Anyone know the cost with CTT to post a 10kg suitcase to Santiago - I'm also considering Tuitrans - does anyone have experience of this service and the cost
Thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Customs procedures in Portugal can be quite daunting.
Indeed. I posted a parcel from Lisbon when I started the CP in 2023, and while I didn't time the process, it was incredibly time consuming. It seemed that I was in the post office for over an hour, although some of that was waiting for my turn to be served. Last year, I posted a book back to Australia, and was prepared for it to be time consuming, and wasn't disappointed. On both occasions, the staff were being quite careful to ensure that everything was done correctly, indicating that perhaps this wasn't something they were doing regularly enough to be completely familiar with.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Several Christmas parcels that I received while I was living in Portugal had to be returned because I refused to pay the outrageous duty they wanted to charge me. One was only a 2023 calendar and they wanted 50 euros.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Last edited:
Use Ivar’s service.
Indeed, but it needs to be posted/shipped from somewhere else to get to Casa Ivar!
My apologies. I have just seen Ivar's latest video where he talks about collecting from various places. I don't have the details, but that sounds like it would be a good solution if you can arrange that.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Indeed, but it needs to be posted/shipped from somewhere else to get to Casa Ivar!
My apologies. I have just seen Ivar's latest video where he talks about collecting from various places. I don't have the details, but that sounds like it would be a good solution if you can arrange that.
Do you have a link to that video please

Also in the menu at the top of the page* here in the forum you can see "Services by Casa Ivar in Santiago" with a downward pointing triangle next to it. Click on the triangle and a menu opens. "Luggage Storage Services in Santiago de Compostela" is the first item in that menu. On that page you can find out how to ship items to Ivar or have them picked up from wherever you are and taken to Casa Ivar.

* Or, in the mobile version, click the three lines in the top left to open the menu on the left side of the screen.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back