• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Private Transport for 4 Pilgrims and 4 bikes (Logrono to Burgos)

phine2017

Time of past OR future Camino
fall 2018
Does anyone know of any private transportation service that could shuttle 4 of us (and our bikes) from Logrono to Burgos? Realistically with the time we have, we need to cut out a few cycling days.

FYI For us, Logrongo to Burgos seems to be a obvious choice because there are certain stages that we definitely want to cycle (SJPdP to Logrono, Burgos to Astorga, and Ponferrada to Santiago).

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Logrono to Burgos is about 7.5 hours by bike. 3 hours by train via Miranda del Ebro but the arrival time in Burgos is 3:30pm so you'll not have much time to cycle beyond Burgos. There are frequent ALSA buses but you would need to disassemble your bikes to put them in the bus hold. Godgle says there are several Taxi firms in Logrono https://www.google.com/search?q=log...2j0i22i30l8.7076j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 which you might contact with your request.

Given the time lost in using public or even private transport I cannot see that you will gain any advantage and so suggest you just keep peddling.

St Jean to Santiago is comfortably rideable in 10 days. How much time do you have?

As a follow up to Tinca - as I understand it ALSA buses will only carry a max of two bikes - on a space available basis (with a one or two Euro fee). Oh and if you pay and then your bike cannot be loaded you do not get your money back!!??

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have bussed with my bike Logrono to Burgos. I bought a cheap blue-tarp at a chinese bazzar, trimmed it and made a simple sack with tape. You have to take the wheels off.
Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 9.24.35 pm.jpeg
IMG_5175 2.jpeg
There are 6 buses per day so it will be do-able for 4 of you on a couple of different buses. I rode my bike to the station and dissembled it and packed it in the ready made bag half an hour before departure. I think the tarp cost 7 euros + a roll of tape.

According to Rome to Rio, Jimenez Movilidad (local bus) has 5 trips a day. Took their bus from Villafranca Montes to Burgos. If you use them, make sure you have a reservation. The bus was full and some pilgrims without reservations were denied boarding.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Logrono to Burgos is about 7.5 hours by bike. 3 hours by train via Miranda del Ebro but the arrival time in Burgos is 3:30pm so you'll not have much time to cycle beyond Burgos. There are frequent ALSA buses but you would need to disassemble your bikes to put them in the bus hold. Godgle says there are several Taxi firms in Logrono https://www.google.com/search?q=log...2j0i22i30l8.7076j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 which you might contact with your request.

Given the time lost in using public or even private transport I cannot see that you will gain any advantage and so suggest you just keep peddling.

St Jean to Santiago is comfortably rideable in 10 days. How much time do you have?
Logrono to Burgos is about 80 miles. We are average cyclists and can't (don't want to) ride for many hours. It's ok if we just save 1 day of cycling with transport. I'll look into a taxi as you suggest. Thank for your reply.

I have bussed with my bike Logrono to Burgos. I bought a cheap blue-tarp at a chinese bazzar, trimmed it and made a simple sack with tape. You have to take the wheels off.
View attachment 160675
View attachment 160676
There are 6 buses per day so it will be do-able for 4 of you on a couple of different buses. I rode my bike to the station and dissembled it and packed it in the ready made bag half an hour before departure. I think the tarp cost 7 euros + a roll of tape.
Thank you for your detailed response with photos! This is a good option :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
As a follow up to Tinca - as I understand it ALSA buses will only carry a max of two bikes - on a space available basis (with a one or two Euro fee). Oh and if you pay and then your bike cannot be loaded you do not get your money back!!??
Good tip! Thank you

I haven’t the time to go all the way through the process but Enterprise offer one way van hire in Spain and have depots at both Logroño and Burgos. In the order of $140

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
I am flying to Santiago via Dublin and have about a 10 hour layover. I arrive 0830 and my flight on Ryanair is not till 1930. Any suggestions on how I can spend my time? Is it practical to go...
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back