• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Public transport from Santiago to ??

Kekaa

Time of past OR future Camino
NVT
Hi, I'm looking for information about public transport from Santiago to somewhere near, but not quite sure how near ;)

My boyfriend is walking the Camino Frances and I am going to see him in may. About that time he will probably almost reached Santiago. The idea is that I am going to find him and walk along for one or two or three days.

Where can I find reliable information about public transport? Is there a bus or train that goes somewhat along the route?
I've googled, but I don't really know? (rome2rio, omio, monbus? Movelia.es?)
Is there a regional company who provides maps with lines or something like that?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
What route will he be coming in on? If it is the Camino Frances there is a bus service that runs daily through the Monbus company. This is for a weekday in May.
I have attached a schedule. You can start in Santiago at the bus terminal or if you are flying in, you can leave from the airport. You can see the bus goes all the way to O'Cebrerio which is the border of Galicia. The other main stops you might join him are at Tricastela, Samos, Sarria, Portomarin, Palas del Rey, Melide, Arzua, and A Rua or Santa Irene. There are many options. This bus runs daily on the same schedule (even Sundays)

Attachments

• Schedules Santiago de Compostela - Sarria.pdf
    24.8 KB · Views: 15
My daughter planned to join me on the Camino Frances “5 days out “ but her flight from Paris was delayed so she missed the bus from Santiago. The taxi cost 80 euros (two years ago ) but it was worth it to me. Buen Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi guys, I need help because I don’t know where else to turn. I arranged luggage transport from Paris to Santiago with casa Ivar. They gave me an invoice, shipping label, everything. I left it at...
Hello from NY! I am booking some accommodations with booking.com and an offer on their site for a free airport shuttle just came up so I booked it. This is the below confirmation. I am entirely...
I am trying to book a train from Santiago to Madrid on 7 May and find that all trains are full and also for about the preceding 3 or 4 days. If I go directly to the train station when I arrive...
I'm flying to Madrid on Saturday evening, and then catching a train from Madrid ChamartĂ­n early on Sunday morning. To those who have been to both, is it better to spend the night in the airport or...
Hello! My name is Molly. I have been wanting to do the camino for YEARS and finally have exactly a one month window later this month, from May 21st to June 21st. I am writing here to see if any of...
Hi all! I am trying to finish up the last bit of planning for our upcoming Camino, in two and a half weeks, from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela. We are kinda doing things a little backwards, as...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back