Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Questions about details in SJPP

ojk995

I will be starting my camino from SJPP on June 2nd. I have some, probably, silly questions. When I go to get my credencial do they give you a scallop shell as well? When does that office open? I'm fairly fit, should I expect about a 7 hour walk that first day? Thanks for any insights.
Orla

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

philippe33

bonjour Orla
when you get your credential at the pilgrim office in SJPP, you can buy (donativo)a scallop shell
the office is open from 7h30 to 22h
you are right, 7/7h30 walk to Roncevalles, and do not forget, the registration for albergue is not before 15h
buen camino
philippe

ojk995

Many thanks, Kelly & Phillippe. One more clarification, can I just show up at the registration in SJPP and register or is there something I need to do before I leave from the US?
Thanks again.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

30daystosantiago

Past OR future Camino
2002 solo and 2013 with wife and toddler
One thing to note, when I was in SJPP to get my credential, the woman spoke no english. Wasn't a big deal since I speak French. But I remember an older English fellow having a heck of a time filling out the paperwork...regardless, you'll be fine!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads