• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recharging in places other than albergues?

Anne100

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte, Sept.-Nov. (2013)
Many times when I've been hiking long distances in the U.S. I've used outlets in restaurants to recharge my phone. Can you do this along the camino?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Is it usually okay with the owners to recharge gear while you're sitting there? Having ordered food and drink, of course!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I have never seen anyone confronted on the issue. Cell phones are ubiquitous these days, so owners probably don't mind a couple of watts of charging.

Merchants have been very gracious wherever you are in Spain. It is highly unlikely you would be unable to charge your device(s). All you have to do is ask when necessary. :D ¡Buen Camino!

Ultreia!

Mary

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Charging phones and other devices is probably easier in bars and restuarants than in Albergues. There is likely to be less competition for sockets of which there are seldom many. But please do ask before you plug in. It's like using the servicios, no one is likely to refuse but it is polite to ask.

Courtesy is a good thing. Thanks for the responses!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The charger for your phone and the adaptor to Spanish sockets - 2 pin round.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Standard European power sockets which provide 220 VAC @ 50-60 Hz, most modern power packs are capable of operating over a vast range of input voltages ie 110 to 250 VAC @ 50-60 Hz.

Be wary if you are using American power packs, some American manufacturers refuse to provide universal power adapters for multiple possible power sources other than 110 VAC @ 60 Hz, the input voltage range will be printed/embossed on the power pack.

You can buy a us adapter to spanish socket cheaply at the china bazar in spain.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thanks passionate pilgrims for all your insights, feedback, and recommendations. I now have a better understanding of my options and what I need to purchase. Thanks Again!

Walking To Listen
Orlando, Florida :D

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.