• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recommendation

sharon w

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2007
Camino Portugues 2009
Via Podiensis, Camino Frances, Camino Finisterre 2012
Cammino di Assisi 2014
Via Podiensis, Camino del Norte, Camino Frances(Astorga to Santiago) 2015
Aussie Camino 2016
Just had a fabulous Menu del Dia at Meson La Conchera in El Real de la Jara. It opens about 7.00pm. Cost 8.50€ each. Delicious.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Just had a fabulous Menu del Dia at Meson La Conchera in El Real de la Jara. It opens about 7.00pm. Cost 8.50€ each. Delicious.
Shame...we missed it . We had last night at Zafra. All the Albergues have been exceptional and April has been a great time to walk.
The convent Albergue at Fuente de Cantos was excellent. Loved the pool.
The convent albergue at Zafra is also good. Both 12 euro with breakfast.
Enjoy

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Shame...we missed it . We had last night at Zafra. All the Albergues have been exceptional and April has been a great time to walk.
The convent Albergue at Fuente de Cantos was excellent. Loved the pool.
The convent albergue at Zafra is also good. Both 12 euro with breakfast.
Enjoy
Did you eat at Comeero in Zafra? Just across from the Amigos' albergue.

Funny, we ate there 2 nights ago and it was the worst pilgrim dinner we've had. Four of us could not finish our food.

Funny, we ate there 2 nights ago and it was the worst pilgrim dinner we've had. Four of us could not finish our food.
I am stunned to read this. The Cochera has been one of the best tables on VDLP for years, and just three weeks ago I had a stunning meal. Mind you, I did look at the menu del dia and it didn't appeal to me (typical pilgrim menu fare) so I ordered a la carte, amd it was one of my best meals in Spain (7th Camino).

Perhaps the menu del dia is simply becoming the mid-day pilgrim menu equivalent? I know we were not offered a la carte: I saw it on the board and asked if that was available.

In another village the menu del dia had two blah options, roasted chicken and meat in tomato sauce. So I ordered two primeros, a deliciois salmorejo and something else. But then we were served delicious mollejas as a tapa. I later asked the cook why that was not on the menu. She said it had been her husband's decision, thinking foreigners would be thrown when seeing that item on the menu. Oh, so wrong.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
A place to visit, for meat eaters, in Galisteo is the Brasa place 100 meters up the street from the Bar Los Emigrantes. Huge plates of traditonal Spanish cuts of meat, all cooked on a wood. Perfect to share. There were four of is, we ordered two plates of meat and one salad and we we stuffed. It's owned by a Spaniard and his Russian wife.

A place to visit, for meat eaters, in Galisteo is the Brasa place 100 meters up the street from the Bar Los Emigrantes. Huge plates of traditonal Spanish cuts of meat, all cooked on a wood. Perfect to share. There were four of is, we ordered two plates of meat and one salad and we we stuffed. It's owned by a Spaniard and his Russian wife.
I ate there in March and agree. Very good food and the owner and his wife were very friendly. A most enjoyable evening.

I hate to say this but I also couldn't eat the soggy chips and chicken floating in grease(whisky Sauce ) was what it was called .Should have gone for the A la carte menu. :-(
Had been looking forward to a meal there.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...
Hello, Has anyone travelled by train or bus from Santiago to Zamora on to Granja de Moreruela, I've checked online and it seems there is a train from Santiago to Zamora. I will be flying from the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back