A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Recommendations for albergue in Santiago?

Advertisment

Any recommendations welcome.
Something that opens early would be great.
Thank you
Not a hostel but wonderful service nonetheless is Hotel Capital Galicia, just a couple blocks from the Bus Station and the Mall is just as close in anoth direction. Reuben and his Father are very accommodating hosts.

A month ago, I stayed just one night this time and they washed my clothes for me, all for 30 euro. They also helped with printing airline tickets and confirming flights. Love it every time I go.

Advertisment

domigee

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x3), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham.
2018? CF, again :-)
San Martin Pinario, I think, is the best but you may have to book ahead of time. Right next to the cathedral and nice facilities. Private rooms available too.
Depends when it is. It is (sadly) booked out at the moment.

AndreaCT

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Fall 2016 Camino Frances to Leon
Fall 2017 Camino Frances to Finisterre
Albergue Blanco. It is down the street from the Pilgrim Office - about a block and a bit. The layout is very private and the bunks have curtains. No laundry facilities, but there are some railings that you can hang your clothes on to dry on the patio. I believe it was 15 euro.

JillGat

la tierra encantada
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
C. Frances
SJPP - Finisterre - Muxia, May 2016
C. Frances, Sept 2017
C. de Salvador/Primitivo (2018)
The Last Stamp
Albergue Blanco
I second this nomination. Very close to the cathedral (I could see it out my window), a person at the desk 24 hours who will let you in and out and... Elevators! There is a washing machine and dryer and they will also store your stuff if you want to take a smaller bag to walk to Finisterre.

FLEUR

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012 - 2016
I stayed at seminario menor..I enjoyed my short stay. It was clean
We stayed there in 2016. Arrived before 11.00 we were able to book two single rooms on the top floor. Very inexpensive. As cleaning was still ongoing we were told to leave our rucksack in the lockers. Very reasonable, clean, shared bathrooms and a very useful shop and kitchen dining area in the basement.

Sharonn

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2015
Camino Portugues 2017
Any recommendations welcome.
Something that opens early would be great.
Thank you
Hotel Oxford Suites about 50m from the Cathedral. We found a spotless room with 4 beds for our family of 4 on a special deal on booking.com.

hotelmedicis

Commercial Interests
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2001 (+more)
VDLP 2013, 2018
Seminario Menor without question. Big. Inexpensive private rooms. Large communal eating area with plenty of food available.

Camino(s) past & future
Roots and boots and last stamp are great but it is best to pre book especially if you want to stay at the last stamp and next door has great churros

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 26 4.4%
  • April

Votes: 94 15.9%
  • May

Votes: 154 26.0%
  • June