• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Reduced airfare for pilgrims

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
This isn't a new topic, I know, but for the life of me I can't find the last discussion on it anywhere!

I seem to remember that there was a 50% airfare price on Iberia for one way travel from Santiago within Spain for pilgrims who have completed a camino. We are just investigating all of our options right now, and I think Iberia's base fares are higher than anyone else, but just wonder if anyone knows whether this is still in effect, or has used this discount? I can only find references from 2005 and there's nothing on the Iberia website.

Thanks.

lynne

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This used to be something they had a few years ago... it was 50% on "full fairs" only. (Full fair was the full price of the ticket and was usually expensive). In the end it turned out to be a "so-so" deal... but I don't think they offer it anymore.. and with the low coast airlines, I doubt that it would be any good deal.

...if anyone have any new info on this please post it here... but this is what I know.

Saludos,
Ivar

Thanks Ivar - I guessed that might be the case.

lynne

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
We used it back in the 90's and it was not just for internal flights but as Ivar has explained even with the discount RyanAir and other such airlines fares undercut the price and it disappeared.

In 2006, in Santiago, i thought (i had read) that i could purchase iberia tickets with a discount in order to fly back to Nice (France). I have been said, in Iberia pemises, that discounted tickets could be bought
for main cities such, in my case, for Paris or Milano.
I declined the offer and chose a different mean to go back home.
Could be interesting to check again with Iberia to verify the existence of this discount.

Most read last week in this forum