Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Reduced airfare for pilgrims

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
This isn't a new topic, I know, but for the life of me I can't find the last discussion on it anywhere!

I seem to remember that there was a 50% airfare price on Iberia for one way travel from Santiago within Spain for pilgrims who have completed a camino. We are just investigating all of our options right now, and I think Iberia's base fares are higher than anyone else, but just wonder if anyone knows whether this is still in effect, or has used this discount? I can only find references from 2005 and there's nothing on the Iberia website.

Thanks.

lynne

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
This used to be something they had a few years ago... it was 50% on "full fairs" only. (Full fair was the full price of the ticket and was usually expensive). In the end it turned out to be a "so-so" deal... but I don't think they offer it anymore.. and with the low coast airlines, I doubt that it would be any good deal.

...if anyone have any new info on this please post it here... but this is what I know.

Saludos,
Ivar

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
Thanks Ivar - I guessed that might be the case.

lynne

William Marques

Staff member
We used it back in the 90's and it was not just for internal flights but as Ivar has explained even with the discount RyanAir and other such airlines fares undercut the price and it disappeared.

eze

Francès 2005/2006
Norte 2007
Plata 2008
Eze (home) Roma
Mozarabe April 2014 (Granada-Cordoba) March 2016 (Córdoba-Merida)
Camino Gironès September 2014 (La Jonquera-Vic)
In 2006, in Santiago, i thought (i had read) that i could purchase iberia tickets with a discount in order to fly back to Nice (France). I have been said, in Iberia pemises, that discounted tickets could be bought
for main cities such, in my case, for Paris or Milano.
I declined the offer and chose a different mean to go back home.
Could be interesting to check again with Iberia to verify the existence of this discount.

Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads