• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Relive App

jgiesbrecht

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, Fisterra, Muxia Sept-Oct 2020
So a resident where I work recently had her daughter complete the Frances. She had some sort of a garmin device and use relive to post her adventure and photos added to it. Has anyone done the same with relive? I won't be going on another camino for a while, but I thought it was kind of cool. Is it just regular camera/phone photos added by the person to the app? If so then I guess they have to place the photos in accurate spots. Just looking for more info if anyone has used it. I used a basic gps tracking on my phone for a few family and friends, and posted photos separately when I completed mine, but thought this was kind of cool and want to look into it for my next. I know Relive works with multiple devices, I'm moreso wondering about the photo additions and stuff.

An example of what I mean is in the video at the bottom of this blog: https://judyscamino.blogspot.com/2023/05/to-o-pedrouzo.html

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have used it and it's easy enough to set up. It can use the GPS data from your phone or select GPS watches. I have a Coros watch and was able to get it to send data to the Relive App automatically on the phone and then I could add photos and save it. That way Reilve app wasn't constantly running and draining the battery. You have to use the photos that come out of the phone without editing them (like editing out someone photo bombing you ). I was not able to transfer photos from my camera to the phone and then to Relive. The only thing I wish I could do is add notes and or captions to the photos. Here's a link to a video I made with it.

https://www.relive.cc/view/vXOd8KWMLkO

I actually prefer FindPenguins, because even though there's no video, my friends and family seem to like a little description on the photos.

Last edited:
So a resident where I work recently had her daughter complete the Frances. She had some sort of a garmin device and use relive to post her adventure and photos added to it. Has anyone done the same with relive? I won't be going on another camino for a while, but I thought it was kind of cool. Is it just regular camera/phone photos added by the person to the app? If so then I guess they have to place the photos in accurate spots. Just looking for more info if anyone has used it. I used a basic gps tracking on my phone for a few family and friends, and posted photos separately when I completed mine, but thought this was kind of cool and want to look into it for my next. I know Relive works with multiple devices, I'm moreso wondering about the photo additions and stuff.

An example of what I mean is in the video at the bottom of this blog: https://judyscamino.blogspot.com/2023/05/to-o-pedrouzo.html
I used Relive to create route videos with photos incorporated for my 2018 Camino Portugues. I was intending to use it again this year, but (a) it didn't seem to connect easily to anything I had so importing the tracks would have been much more complex and (b) the subscription price seems to have gone up substantially, so in the end I decided against it.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

I’ve used relive to document all my Camino. It’s great and easy to use

So many of my friends don’t “do” Facebook. Does anyone have an alternative that’s easy to use…both descriptions and photos. Like a blog, but free.

So many of my friends don’t “do” Facebook. Does anyone have an alternative that’s easy to use…both descriptions and photos. Like a blog, but free.
Find Penguins is super easy to use and to share with people who do not have the app. And it's free! I learned about it from other people on this forum. :)

You can write a text every day and upload 10 photos and one video. There is likely a paid version that lets you do more....

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You can send your friends/relatives a link so they don't need to use any form of social media to view your video.

I find relive works seamlessly with my Android phone. I'm able to comment on each photo and add other photos from my gallery. You can edit photos in your "normal" way before you make your video.

I've never been able to figure out how to use Find Penguins. There's nothing worse than trying to start the app while horseback riding and Finding Penguins wants to take me on a little tour and I just want to push a button and go. At least Relive is more user friendly. I've used Relive on some local trips. I like it because I can have my phone data off and it still traces the route. It's restrictive on the photos. I'm trying to find something that is more user friendly than both of these but right now Relive is the easiest.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
... Is it just regular camera/phone photos added by the person to the app? If so then I guess they have to place the photos in accurate spots. Just looking for more info if anyone has used it. I used a basic gps tracking on my phone for a few family and friends, and posted photos separately when I completed mine, but thought this was kind of cool and want to look into it for my next. I know Relive works with multiple devices, I'm more so wondering about the photo additions and stuff.
If you have an hour to spend, you can follow Planet Doug's learning curve video on YouTube. He takes you along on his own "learning curve" trip where he discovers how to use the Relive app, partially in real time, and shows step-by-step how to use the features of the free app--he also discusses the paid app differences-- including inserting pictures and captions and creating a final video. He discusses how the free app limits the pictures you can insert and how editing is one-and-done, whereas on the paid app, you can insert more pictures, and even 10 second videos, and you can re-edit the final video. Here is the link to the US YouTube:

Finally, he has a much shorter Cheat Sheet video for how to use the Relive app. It makes more sense if you've watched the first video.

I have a wordpress site I add stuff too, or other people use blogspot.

There's nothing worse than trying to start the app while horseback riding and Finding Penguins wants to take me on a little tour and I just want to push a button and go. At least Relive is more user friendly.
So are you saying that Find Penguins is not a great app if you want to start using it while horseback riding, because they want to give you a start-up orientation tour? I will keep that in mind in case I am ever in that situation. 😂 😂

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
So are you saying that Find Penguins is not a great app if you want to start using it while horseback riding, because they want to give you a start-up orientation tour? I will keep that in mind in case I am ever in that situation. 😂 😂
LOL! Mostly that! It's a little easier when you have feet on the ground to do the orientation tour! With Relive and Map My Walk I can hit the start button and go, whether I'm on foot or horseback.

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.