• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

New app YoPilgrim

jrariasf

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi everybody,
As my first contribution to this group, I want to share with you the YoPilgrim app.

For sure YoPilgrim app will be very useful for you.
It is for planning your Camino.

First, it has a calculator (from few data it generates all the stages). Then you have a planning with all your stops, you can see all the towns and cities you cross through, what services are available, hostels and albergues... distances between points, you dan see in a map the different points, the albergues/hostels. Hope was usefull.

It is available for free in GooglePlay.

Buen Camino!
-- YoPilgrim --

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi everybody,
As my first contribution to this group, I want to share with you the YoPilgrim app.

For sure YoPilgrim app will be very useful for you.
It is for planning your Camino.

First, it has a calculator (from few data it generates all the stages). Then you have a planning with all your stops, you can see all the towns and cities you cross through, what services are available, hostels and albergues... distances between points, you dan see in a map the different points, the albergues/hostels. Hope was usefull.

It is available for free in GooglePlay.

Buen Camino!
-- YoPilgrim --
I would like to see it on the Apple App Store.

Looks good as a planning tool. I went to see if I could plot out some of my recent Caminos and a couple of suggestions based on my experience.

For the Camino de Madrid, it would be nice to include the detour option to Valladolid like you did to San Ildefonso. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has made the detour. Also, I think you have underestimated the distance from Peñaflor de Hornija to Santa Espina. You have it as less than 3 km. I think that only takes you to the bifurcation where the path to Santa Espina splits off, not to Santa Espina itself. If someone is using your planning tool and thinks it is only a couple more km to Santa Espina from Peñaflor de Hornija they are going to be very surprised.

For the Camino de San Salvador there is no option to stop at Bendueños, where tge best albergue on the Camino is (one of the best on any Camino I've walked). That seems an oversight. Similarly, there is no option to stop at El Rollu after Mieres. Since there is currently no albergue in Mieres but a nice one in El Rollu 3 km further, it might be good to add the latter option.

I hope this helps.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Looks good as a planning tool. I went to see if I could plot out some of my recent Caminos and a couple of suggestions based on my experience.

For the Camino de Madrid, it would be nice to include the detour option to Valladolid like you did to San Ildefonso. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has made the detour. Also, I think you have underestimated the distance from Peñaflor de Hornija to Santa Espina. You have it as less than 3 km. I think that only takes you to the bifurcation where the path to Santa Espina splits off, not to Santa Espina itself. If someone is using your planning tool and thinks it is only a couple more km to Santa Espina from Peñaflor de Hornija they are going to be very surprised.

For the Camino de San Salvador there is no option to stop at Bendueños, where tge best albergue on the Camino is (one of the best on any Camino I've walked). That seems an oversight. Similarly, there is no option to stop at El Rollu after Mieres. Since there is currently no albergue in Mieres but a nice one in El Rollu 3 km further, it might be good to add the latter option.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much for you comments.
Sorry because I have just read you post. Let'sgo point by point :)

1.- When you tell a bout the detour option to Valladolid, what do you mean exactly? Well, I live near Valladolid, near Puente Duero and I know you can go to Valladoli to Puente Duero by bus. Do you mean that? or do you mean to walk until Valladolid and then from Valladolid walk to Ciguñuela?

2.- I think distance from Peñaflor de Hornija to Santa Espina is now ok. Take a look please. For example, I am seeing YoPilgrim app now and that distance are 11km.

3.- About the albergue in Bendueños: When you show the list of locations of San Salvador, if you click on services column in "Herías" you can see "Albergue de peregrinos Santuario de Bendueños" and a comment saying it is 1.5km away from the camino.

4.- And about "El Rollu"....do you mean "Acogida de peregrinos Casa Alba" ?

Please, answer me when you can.
Thanks!
Kind regards,
J.R.

I have this app installed on my phone, but it keeps crashing when I try to use the calculator.

I have this app installed on my phone, but it keeps crashing when I try to use the calculator.
Thanks.
which version are you using?
You can see the version clicking the last option in main menu.
Tell me and I will try to solve it.

I have an official error recollection.... I have seen a crash 39 minutes ago from a "Galaxy S23 Ultra" relation ship with the Calculator. It seems a problem with the date format.
Surely it is from you. Can you tell me where are you from and what language has you configured in your smartphone?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have an official error recollection.... I have seen a crash 39 minutes ago from a "Galaxy S23 Ultra" relation ship with the Calculator
That was mine.
I'm in the US, and it's in English.

It crashes when I select a route, before I get to filling in a date

Thank you very much for you comments.
Sorry because I have just read you post. Let'sgo point by point :)

1.- When you tell a bout the detour option to Valladolid, what do you mean exactly? Well, I live near Valladolid, near Puente Duero and I know you can go to Valladoli to Puente Duero by bus. Do you mean that? or do you mean to walk until Valladolid and then from Valladolid walk to Ciguñuela?

2.- I think distance from Peñaflor de Hornija to Santa Espina is now ok. Take a look please. For example, I am seeing YoPilgrim app now and that distance are 11km.

3.- About the albergue in Bendueños: When you show the list of locations of San Salvador, if you click on services column in "Herías" you can see "Albergue de peregrinos Santuario de Bendueños" and a comment saying it is 1.5km away from the camino.

4.- And about "El Rollu"....do you mean "Acogida de peregrinos Casa Alba" ?

Please, answer me when you can.
Thanks!
Kind regards,
J.R.
1. I walked both ways, to and from Valladolid. I'm not sure where I got the track. It might have been from the CNIG download site (ES12a-08b-variante-valladolid.kml) or from another app.
2. 11km sounds about right. As I remember it, it was about 10km to Santa Espina (where the albergue was) and another 10 km off-track to Urueña.
3. I hadn't noticed until I went in today that you can tap on the services column with the symbols to get another screen with more information.
4. That was it.

Last edited:
Looking at the Camino Frances, for my upcoming Camino, I notice that there are no check boxes for communal meal. So a place like Casa Susi that serves one seems to have no food or place to prepare food. I also notice that the variant through Samos is not included between O Cebreiro and Triacastela.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Looking at the Camino Frances, for my upcoming Camino, I notice that there are no check boxes for communal meal. So a place like Casa Susi that serves one seems to have no food or place to prepare food. I also notice that the variant through Samos is not included between O Cebreiro and Triacastela.
Thanks for your comments.
To see the variant through Samos you have to click on Triacastela (which it is in bold and the left column with a blue background). Just click on it and you will see the alternative. Tell me if you don't find it.
Also I have detected a bit problem when seeing the alternative in Triacastela through Samos but it is not very important although I will repair in next version.

About communal meal, it is true, that information is not registered at this moment. Some times in the observations field I write a comment, normally when communal dinner is by "donativo".
But you have reason, it is an important information. I point out the improvement.
Thanks.

That was mine.
I'm in the US, and it's in English.

It crashes when I select a route, before I get to filling in a date
Hi trecile,

I have just upload a new version of YoPilgrim.
Try it when you can and tell me if it is ok.
Thanks!

I had a quick look at four routes that I have walked. The calculator gave some inconsistent results initially when I used different towns on the CP from Lisbon, but when I added a town, both distances calculated were the same. One obvious issue with the CP is that Alpriate is no longer on the route. While there is no albergue shown there, it is unlikely that many would go inland at Sacavem any longer and through Alpriate.

On all routes, I wondered about the lack of hotels/hostels in the town listings. Is this something that will be addressed over time. Getting all that data in and keeping it current will be a challenge, and I know that there are other tools around that already do a very good job of addressing that for most routes.

I will watch with interest.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The Levante or the ( a? ) Sureste ?

I understand the demand may be very low, but ..........

Last edited:
I had a quick look at four routes that I have walked. The calculator gave some inconsistent results initially when I used different towns on the CP from Lisbon, but when I added a town, both distances calculated were the same. One obvious issue with the CP is that Alpriate is no longer on the route. While there is no albergue shown there, it is unlikely that many would go inland at Sacavem any longer and through Alpriate.

For sure usually you will go near the Tajo river, but as a reference I prefer to have a reference at Sacavém.
But I have to modify some distances (in the next version I will modify it). Thanks.

On all routes, I wondered about the lack of hotels/hostels in the town listings. Is this something that will be addressed over time. Getting all that data in and keeping it current will be a challenge, and I know that there are other tools around that already do a very good job of addressing that for most routes.

I will watch with interest.

To mantain all that information (hotels) would be a crazy work. At this moment I normally keep information of albergues (publics and privates).

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
So I have heard common wisdom is to bring a silk liner for your Camino (+/- a sleeping bag depending on your preference and season). Specifically regarding silk liners, all of the ones I've...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Hi! I am 15 days out from my Camino, and suddenly my Buen Camino app is crashing every time I try to look at my stages! I have rebooted my phone, done the "restore app" within the app, rebooted...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.