Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

RENFE refunds

Glenshiro

Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy - León, Camino Frances (2012 - 2019)
I have tried several times to get a refund on my RENFE ticket for 1 May, but I always end up (after being led through a series of very promising screens) with the error message:

THE PROCESS CANNOT CONTINUE RIGHT NOW. WE APOLOGISE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE (G001)
An error occurred when recovering the selected journey.

ACCEPT
Clicking on the "Accept" button takes me back to the home screen. Anyone else having the same problem? I have had an account with RENFE for many years.

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Did you purchase your ticket directly from RENFE?
I thought I did, but then realized I'd gone through Rome2Rio and THEY issued me the refund after I got the same annoying messages you're getting.

Glenshiro

Camino(s) past & future
Hello, Annie.
Yes, bought directly from RENFE via their website.
I'm wondering if it's just the volume of refund applications?

ranthr

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
I had booked 2 Renfe tickets for end of May . Got an email about cancelled train and money back on my account without asking for refund.

Glenshiro

Camino(s) past & future
I had booked 2 Renfe tickets for end of May . Got an email about cancelled train and money back on my account without asking for refund.
I eventually got through to an English-speaking assistant who refunded my May 1 booking immediately.

I have also obtained instant refunds from UK rail operators, via their websites, for my cancelled walk in Scotland next month.

The only operator to refuse a refund so far is ALSA. Which, ironically, is British-owned! Even Citylink, the Scottish coach company, gave me a voucher for my non-refundable ticket.

ranthr

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
I eventually got through to an English-speaking assistant who refunded my May 1 booking immediately.

I have also obtained instant refunds from UK rail operators, via their websites, for my cancelled walk in Scotland next month.

The only operator to refuse a refund so far is ALSA. Which, ironically, is British-owned! Even Citylink, the Scottish coach company, gave me a voucher for my non-refundable ticket.
I cancelled a busticket on the ALSA app, and surprisingly I got my money back.

Glenshiro

Camino(s) past & future
I cancelled a busticket on the ALSA app,
Mine was a cheap deal, non-refundable. I tried reclaiming on the website, but nothing doing. I won't lose sleep over it. (Love the ALSA Supra Economy buses.)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock