• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Roncevalles Pilgrim Hostel booking problems

Gary May

Time of past OR future Camino
My first Camino begins on 16th July 2017
I've not seen any recent updates on the situation at Roncevalles....however I am still having problems on their website booking a reservation.
Has anyone successfully booked recently? I've managed to book airline and train tickets on my card - so not an issue with that.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Can you specify what exactly your 'booking problems' are in Roncesvalles. Any specific error messages etc? That would make it easier for us to help. Buen Camino, SY

Can you specify what exactly your 'booking problems' are in Roncesvalles. Any specific error messages etc? That would make it easier for us to help. Buen Camino, SY
just a giant red cross and a brief line saying "Error in sent data. Contact your dealer"

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
thanks GettingThere - I didnt notice this! I've emailed them on the contact page and sent an email driect to the address you highlighted.

In the e-mail - for others at this point - I recommend politely explaining that you had problems with the booking feature, so you defaulted to sending an e-mail directly.

This is helpful as it alerts them to the problem. Any additional information you can provide regarding the problem with their booking system would likely be appreciated as well.

I hope this helps.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
They sent me a reply advising I can send a payment through paypal for an additional fee. I'm going to be nice to a Spanish lady at work and see if she can book on her card....then I'll give her the cash. Failing that I'll pay the extra fee! It seems from previous threads that their site is renowned for not working. With the new rules on less beds - it's something they should really get sorted.

I book all my client and my own beds at Roncesvalles via Paypal. Works great.
The fee is minimal and you've probably spent more than the fee in worry so far.
I don't think Roncesvalles is too worried about getting sorted.
Beds there are in high demand this time of year.
We saw many people without reservations turned away last visit.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The accommodation in Burgette must be having a bonanza.

Most read last week in this forum