• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Rucksack transport service along the Aragones?

LeftRightLeft

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2024
Are there any rucksack services along the Aragones? I am walking the Frances with my daughter starting in Pamplona. I have six extra days before she arrives and I thought I spend them walking from Jaca to Puenta la Reina. I have a few extra things I am bringing for her so my pack is heavier than I would like.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Correos does have a service. They only deliver during the weekdays and you have to arrange it specially with them on the phone. Two years ago I did not have much luck with them trying to get him husband's bag transferred mid-Camino, however, this summer two or three Spanish pilgrims were using it when we were hospitaleros at Arres. Be warned that not all albergues on this route accept bag transport, You might be better served sending the extra materials to Pamplona for pickup at wherever you are meeting your daughter (if you have a hotel already reserved there). I think you can also send to Correos in your name to be picked up in Pamplona.

Correos does have a service. They only deliver during the weekdays and you have to arrange it specially with them on the phone. Two years ago I did not have much luck with them trying to get him husband's bag transferred mid-Camino, however, this summer two or three Spanish pilgrims were using it when we were hospitaleros at Arres. Be warned that not all albergues on this route accept bag transport, You might be better served sending the extra materials to Pamplona for pickup at wherever you are meeting your daughter (if you have a hotel already reserved there). I think you can also send to Correos in your name to be picked up in Pamplona.
Thank you so much for your speedy and informative response! My alternative would be to do the Ingles but I've heard the path has shifted and there is more roadside walking now. I don't have to get a Compostela; I'm just looking for a beautiful and peaceful walk.

Thank you again!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I think the Ingles is also a nice walk. I have not done it personally, but many here have or you might consider a few days on the Portugese although either of those would be much more difficult to get back to Pamplona quickly. You could also spend some time just seeing some other things in Spain. Two summers ago we spent 6 days traveling by bus and train. We went from Pamplona to San Sebastian, Bilbao, and then Ávila and then back to Madrid. We also love Zamora which is easy to get to by train from Madrid as is Zaragosa, another wonderful city. Frankly we got a lot of walking in with all those places.

You could also take the train to Jaca get a room or AirBNB, leave your pack and then take an early bus up and walk down from Somport. There is a valley bus that runs back and forth several times a day so bus up, walk part way down. Take the bus back to Jaca, and then the next morning bus up to where you stopped and continue back into Jaca. You could also stay in Jaca and make the trip up to see the Monasteries by taxi (or if there is a bus now take that) as that would also take a day and there isx plenty of walking. There is plenty to do in this area.

Shipping your extra things to Pamplona is definitely the cheapest and easiest way so you are not having to repeat the process every day. On a side note, reconsider changing your start to Somport - it’s the most beautiful part of the route and you’ll miss it if you originate in Jaca. You can do that stage in one very long day (it’s all a gentle downhill) or make it two stages by staying at Canfranc Pueblo. When you reach Tiebas, Pamplona is a short taxi ride away or you can even walk a few kms to reach a Pamplona municipal bus route stop.

Thank you for the great advice. I'm very much looking forward to the upcoming camino. There is so much to do...so little time :)

Thanks again!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back