• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

Santander to Leon

shell

Hi, I am flying into Santander in June to start my Camino in Leon. Any ideas how i can get to Leon from Santander? bus? train?

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Paulus

Year of past OR future Camino
Frances (May 2005), Norte (May 2006), Vezelay (2007).
Hi Shell,

I remember that there's no direct route from Santander to Leon by train via Renfe: see site http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/ingles.html

And I think the Feve-company goes only along the seaside to Bilbao and the other direction to Oviedo.

Think a bus must be the option! Alsa bus company has a site but don't know the URL..............bit of Google will help.

Paul

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
In general, bus is better than train in Spain and the Alsa bus company is a good one. Have a look at their site: http://www.alsa.es (top right corner has an English link).

I had a look at a random Tuesday and they did have several busses that day.

Buen camino,
Ivar

shell

Hi thanks for your help.... might be easier to seek an alternative route. Any ideas on how i would get to Leon from the UK (preferably from Liverpool or Manchester). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

:)

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.

Paulus

Year of past OR future Camino
Frances (May 2005), Norte (May 2006), Vezelay (2007).
Isn't Ryanair flying to Valladolid from the UK?
Valladolid-Leon is simple by train or bus!

Paul