• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Santiago to Finisterre in 2014

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Hi all,

I walked to Finisterre in 2009 and I know that there have been a number of changes since then.

A friend wants to walk it in 4 days June. She doesn't mind staying in albergues or private rooms.

What are the best stages now for a 4 day walk?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I found John Brierley's guide 'Camino Finisterre' to be a valuable resource for day to day planning. I would suggest looking here for advice about 'stages'.

Thank you - I got a PM suggesting these stages

ay 1: Santiago to Negreira 22km
Day 2: Negreira to Abeleiroas 25km (or 27km) Casa Juro - http://casajurjo.com/ - offers a free pick-up service for guests taking part in the Finisterre to Muxia section of the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage Route. Pick-up points are available between Santa Mariña (Mazaricos) and Hospital (Dumbria).
Day 3: Abeleiroas to Cee 25km
Day 4: Cee to Finisterre 17km

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Obviously it depends on her physical conditionand how far she can/likes to walk.
Personally I love the muni Albergue at Negreira. Well I would, wouldn't I as there are single beds not bunks! At 64 I prefer not climbing.
I also like the pilgrim atmosphere at Olveiroa, though the Xunta is quite basic and I would suggest her looking at the two others if she goes there .
In Cee I have stayed at the Hostal Moriera and found it modern, clean with roomy individual shower rooms, lockers (I was in the dormitory on the ground floor, but there are private rooms upstairs), washer (don't remember a dryer). Clothes line is in the street outside though. Very friendly hosts.
The one advantage of stopping at Cee is that you arrive at Finisterra relatively early as it is only 13k.

Thanks Allan - she prefers not to stay in albergues and has 4 days to walk so the stages recommended above seem perfect for her.
It is also great to stay at Corcubion. The San Roque albergue has the best showers on the whole Camino and the hospitaleros cook dinner and provide a basic breakfast. Only 10km from Fisterra.

Sil,

Another nice new hostal in Olveiroa is As Pias. Here is their web. Although I have never stayed here since I prefer the municipal albergue, I have often eaten here (GREAT menu de dia for 12 euros). Their well appointed rooms have been done with a great deal of care. The staff is VERY pilgrim friendly.

Margaret

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I loved Alburgue Moreira in Cee ! Room upstairs had two bunks,balcony overlooking the water,very nice family owned,great private bathroom. I was there last week of September 2013

Most read last week in this forum

Brother going next week SDC to Finisterre, can only remember one short hill climb of any consequence cannot remember location ???

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back