• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Sarria to Santiago in September

pinoy_pilgrim

Hello everyone! We're a group of 5 Filipinos starting from Sarria around Sept 10.

Do any one of you expect to be along this path during this time? We'd love to hear from you! This will be our first Camino.

What's the weather like during this time - will it be so cool we'd have to bring heavy jackets?

Thanks and buen camino! :D

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hello Ivar!

It's great to hear from you! I appreciate the work you've done in running this forum - it's very useful for us newbies. The weather sites are perfect! Thanks for that.

I saw a site that discusses a day trip to Porto from Santiago. Do you know how long the trip would take by car? Thanks!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi again,

Santiago - Porto takes about 2,5 to 3 hours... add some extra time to navigate Porto (the signs coming in/leaving Porto are bad, so you will get a bit lost). I you have time and have a car, a trip to Portugal is a great idea. Different culture and language just a few hours away.

Greetings from Santiago,
Ivar

Hi Ivar,

Thanks for running a very informative forum. I'm travelling with pinoy_pilgrim in September. This is my first post in the forum, though after our walk I hope to be able to post some more :D

Bunny

sarria - santiago

Hi Vincent

No idea what the weather wil be like in September but i returned from Santiago 2 days ago after completing the Sarria to Santiago route and i thought id let you know that it was an incredible journey - physically and mentally. The scenery is amazing, you wont be dissapointed.
When i was there it was constant very hot sunshine, i didnt see a cloud until i returned to Glasgow.
I had the time of my life and met some really beautiful people, it really is an amazing journey.
If you get half the pleasure that i did then you will return a very happy pilgrim....I hope you have a great time

buen Camino

Paul

p.s on the last stage to Santiago there are not many cafe's where you can get your credentials stamped, try and make sure you stop at every possible cafe on this stage even if it is only to get a stamp.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hello my name is Brenda and I am establishing a daily AA meeting 6-7 pm at Casa Anglican WhatsApp 416-8018176 for daily updates Thankyou. Buen Camino
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...
Hello. I’m Steph from USA Arriving in pamplona May 27 2024 Is anyone arriving that destination & date so we can coordinate transportation to SJPP. TIA

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back