• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Scuba diving in Finisterre or Muxía.

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to walk Camino de Santiago April/May/June 2016.
Hi, I'm a passionate traveller with a love for the ocean. My intention is to end my pilgrim walk in Finisterre or Muxía and I would absolutely love to end my walk with a scuba dive to get a perfect finale. I'm PADI and CMAS certified scuba diver. Anyone with information on dive shops or dive tour operators in Finisterre or Muxía would be most appreciated? Also information about prices would be of interest. Thanks for information in advance.

Sincerely
NorwegianWalker

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I do remember seeing a SCUBA shop in Finisterre if that's any help.

Yes Sir, any information is appreciated. At least you made me save a space for my favourite scuba mask in my backpack :) I always bring my mask with me anyway. A few years ago I actually used my mask in very heavy rain driving a motorcycle, the helmet I used didn't have the visor/shild protection so having my mask saved my from the stinging rain hitting my eyes and kept my eyes from being freezing cold. It's also good for cutting onions :)

Yes Sir, any information is appreciated. At least you made me save a space for my favourite scuba mask in my backpack :) I always bring my mask with me anyway. A few years ago I actually used my mask in very heavy rain driving a motorcycle, the helmet I used didn't have the visor/shild protection so having my mask saved my from the stinging rain hitting my eyes and kept my eyes from being freezing cold. It's also good for cutting onions :)
I SCUBA too, but have only done it in warmer climes (Hawaii, Thailand and the Philippines). You might get in an interesting colder water dive there in northern Spain.

I SCUBA too, but have only done it in warmer climes (Hawaii, Thailand and the Philippines). You might get in an interesting colder water dive there in northern Spain.
Yes Mark, I love diving in the cold I even enjoy scuba diving under ice, quite an experience to walk upright, upside down with my drysuit, inflating my legs being positively buoyant. But I also love the tropics and blessed having been to Thailand, Australia, Fiji, Cook Islands, Thahiti, Jamaica W.I. and a few other countries I have been in the USA, but I'm yet to do a dive there. Hopefully I'll get a chance end of this year as I'm going to visit my family in LA.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I had a DV pack in while diving under ice once. Scary! Fortunately I had a spare on my octopus that worked.
Now that's scary. You'd been in deep caca without the spare.
When I first started SCUBA diving in Hawaii in the 80's I was on a bit of a shoestring budget. I only carried one regulator on my octopus, but bought a spare first chance I could. Bright yellow US Diver's brand.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.