Self guided tour organisers, Via Francigena

VGL

Oct 3, 2016
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2017)
I am starting to look at options for a group of us to walk the later stages of the Via Francigena from West of Florence to Rome around the third quarter of 2023. Similar to when we walked the Camino Frances, we will have some non-walking partners who will be doing their own thing and have a hire car but will meet up with us at the end of each day.

We will be a party of 8, and it makes sense for us to pre-book our accommodation for the whole of our route, arrange daily luggage transfers etc. I can obviously find tour companies via Google but wondered if anyone on here has any recommendations for an organisation they have used for the Via Francigena?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Corned Beef

Veteran Member
May 25, 2019
Near Canterbury
umap.openstreetmap.fr
Time of past OR future Camino
2024 Portuguese/ VF (South) / VF Grand St Bernard
Sloways (https://www.sloways.eu/) operate there and so do Bags-free (https://bags-free.com/). Typically they operate on the Lucca - Rome route so not sure about your variation.

Used bags-free a few years ago as Sloways weren't as flexible with what I had planned.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! My husband and I are considering walking for about 3 weeks on either the Via Francigena or the Via Francesco in Italy. Im having trouble finding information that compares the two options...
I saw this link on FB today and it is useful to give you some idea of the serious nature of snow around the GSB pass. This is saying that the snow has been very heavy this year, but that the pass...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides